• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Caporegime
GTX 1080 vs. 980 vs. 980 Ti: Overclocking Battle

Nice. Still on average about 20% faster than the 1450hmz 980Ti at only 2ghz. All whilst using a massive 73 watts less!

Would be good if custom cards and power connectors do indeed allow you to push further up to 2.4/2.5ghz.

Nvidia just need to sort out the silly price before I will buy one :p

Last edited:
Associate
"Changed were made to accommodate high quality components" ....But the "reference" board already uses "high quality parts and amazing thermals" - that bald bloke from Nvidia in that awkward q&a. That's why it costs $100 more...

Caporegime
Nice to see that some after market coolers are already been added! Do we have any idea when we will start seen after market coolers for sale?

Some perhaps available tomorrow, more in the first week or two of June. Reviews have had review samples for over a week from some manufacturers

Caporegime
Personally holding out for EVGA. I cant seem to find any information regarding them think they will hit the market tomorrow?

Only snippets, everything is under NDA. Last thing I saw was that an employee said on the forums some of their range will be available from the 27th but that might just mean pre-order rather than stock.

Associate
Only snippets, everything is under NDA. Last thing I saw was that an employee said on the forums some of their range will be available from the 27th but that might just mean pre-order rather than stock.
Well the 27TH is tomorrow lets hope that they allow us to at least pre order. I do wonder how much after marketing is gonan cost. Due to Nvida really screwing us all over this gen with the founders cards.

Soldato
Not a fan of that new cooler design from EVGA tbh. I liked the understated design of the ACX 1.0/2.0 shrouds. That's a little 'gamer bling' for my tastes.

Back
Top Bottom