• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Performance seems pretty decent for the visuals on offer
Just quickly launched to test, about 50 fps maxed with dlss balanced and actually feels ok due to the style of gameplay.

Read that apparently nvidia gpus haven't had a profile/game ready driver yet and some issues with clocking so might be some performance left for nvidia.

Caporegime
Nvidia driver out now for hellblade:
Update from 16 o'clock: Meanwhile, Nvidia has also released the official "game-ready" driver for Hellblade 2, a few hours after the start of the game. We have already completed the first test rounds with the and will update this article tomorrow morning with fresh Geforce benchmark results. So much for this: The new driver actually increases performance measurably, our Geforce RTX 4090 can achieve a performance increase in the 5 percent frame. The problem with reduced memory clock explained in the benchmark part of this article is (still) dissolved into pleasure. Our advice for all Geforce users who want to experience Senua's Saga tonight in the best possible way is to install the new driver 555.85.

Caporegime
giphy.gif

Soldato
GoT is an actual a game with action and gameplay rather than a ****** amalgamation of cutscenes with a rare interspersed QTE. Slop like HB2 is closer to a CGI film than a video game and by those standards it's visually subpar.
You still need to render all that real time, not pre rendered.
Anyway, one's an old gen ported while the other is made with next gen in mind; no comparison really.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Agreed, Unreal Engine 5.4, the latest engine variant and currently the only gam using it too, plus as mentioned everything is being done in realtime which is quite impressive really with the level of performance on show.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I came to post that!

Anyone watching this on ultrawide will need to be using a browser extension to scale out the 21:9 as DF in typical fashion STILL don't crop out letterboxes because they seem to bum 16:9 even when a game is 21:9 - This means you gotta use an extension like Ultrawideo to scale it :cool:

7fxNcU4.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
I came to post that!

Anyone watching this on ultrawide will need to be using a browser extension to scale out the 21:9 as DF in typical fashion STILL don't crop out letterboxes because they seem to bum 16:9 even when a game is 21:9 - This means you gotta use an extension like Ultrawideo to scale it :cool:

7fxNcU4.gif

Link to extension please I need this

Caporegime

Lmao, looks like they didn't put any time/effort into raster (and why would they spend time on an outdated ancient method tbf), also knew there would be comments like this:

They're blatantly removing effects in non-rt graphics now, just to make RT look considerably better... They could have used better ambient occlusion techniques without RT, but they chose to make the game barely having any occlusion without RT, the cars appear to be flying. Also look at the scene showing the water around the track, where they could easily have some SSR, but instead the water show zero reflections, looking like a black hole. Pathetic

:cry:

No harm to the guy as he probably doesn't understand the level of time and effort required to get raster looking better/good but comments like this are why RT gets such a bad rep as there is a lack of understanding on why game devs are wanting to move to RT.

Like I said before, this is how things are going to be now, this is just another game where raster effects are now not getting any real effort/time, devs should just start moving to metro ee, avatar and spiderman 2 methods so that people can stop crying over raster already and move on.

Associate
any eta on hw rt or will they stick with what they have?

Lmao, looks like they didn't put any time/effort into raster (and why would they spend time on an outdated ancient method tbf), also knew there would be comments like this:

No harm to the guy as he probably doesn't understand the level of time and effort required to get raster looking better/good but comments like this are why RT gets such a bad rep as there is a lack of understanding on why game devs are wanting to move to RT.

Like I said before, this is how things are going to be now, this is just another game where raster effects are now not getting any real effort/time, devs should just start moving to metro ee, avatar and spiderman 2 methods so that people can stop crying over raster already and move on.
heres another random youtube quote to drive the conversation if thats your goto these days

Still looks like sh** with rt on. Nice job.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm surprised you are hyping SW RT in here as it doesn't make use of any dedicated hw.

Why? Hardware RT is far better (obviously for gpus that have the support for it and preferably "dedicated" hardware for it.....) but as shown, even software based RT is still far superior to raster methods such as we are seeing with UE lumen and as shown in avatar and spiderman 2 and metro ee, the quality isn't as high as hardware dedicated mode but the main thing for me is it get rids of all the graphical artifacts that raster methods have such as reflections disappearing because you move your angle slightly, halo'ing, blank boxes behind objects in front of bodies of water and so on.

Last edited:
Caporegime
heres another random youtube quote to drive the conversation if thats your goto these days
Just seeing this.

No, it's just further statements to strengthen my argument even more, not remember the dying light 2 thread/comments of "raster has been gimped to make RT look better"? :cry: I'll happily go and quote posts for you if you want :D

We have seen plenty of people on here and perhaps iirc (could be wrong), even yourself stating similar things of "raster is plenty good enough without the rt perf hit so stick to raster" when such people are missing the whole point of why RT is so sought after now i.e. the time and effort required to get good raster results in the development industry = big £ especially if trying to meet the strict deadlines.

In fact, wouldn't even to go as far back to DL 2 thread to see such statements, just go in this thread:

Last edited:
Associate
even yourself stating similar things of "raster is plenty good enough without the rt perf hit so stick to raster"

I would have told you numerous times that RT just isn't worth the performance hit or price at the moment. And it's still not, that's probably why you are still on a 3080. When the performance is there in the low/mid range GPUs things will change.
If we all had unlimited funds, we would just buy a 4090 and crank everything up but that's not the reality for most gamers.

I even gave you a list of games that I was looking forward to with RT. We have crossed a threshold we are starting to see games that started development after the release of the PS5/XB and devs are starting to utilize RT only and are only scratching the surface of what might be possible to achieve.
But when the complete transition to RT only happens, you'll have to consider that the average gamer still won't "care" about RT. It will be turned on and they won't even know about it....

The concept of time also seems to be lost on you, You've been banging the same drum for about 4 years now. I lost count of the number of posters telling you it will be a year or two before it changes and devs/game engines start to tip in favour of RT.
I'm expecting that to happen towards the end of this year (probably aligned with the next round of GPUs) as more and more games (like spiderman 2 and Avatar) and games with UE5.X get released. But even then, you seem to be happy enough with software lumen which doesn't take advantage of the dedicated hardware in your GPU.

Anyway, I'm off to mumsnet to see what they think about F1 2024 raster implementation.

Soldato
Why? Hardware RT is far better (obviously for gpus that have the support for it and preferably "dedicated" hardware for it.....) but as shown, even software based RT is still far superior to raster methods such as we are seeing with UE lumen and as shown in avatar and spiderman 2 and metro ee, the quality isn't as high as hardware dedicated mode but the main thing for me is it get rids of all the graphical artifacts that raster methods have such as reflections disappearing because you move your angle slightly, halo'ing, blank boxes behind objects in front of bodies of water and so on.

And glowing assets, raster lighting will make objects in front of the light indirectly glow behind the object as if the light source was inside the object, devs can manually fix this but due to the number of assets in games they will miss many so this always happens in raster games and it's super annoying

Like this. Sun is lighting the scene but the container assets are lit up from the opposite side as if the sun light is going right through the asset

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom