• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The RX 7600/XT RX 7700 XT, RX 7800 XT and 7900 GRE owners thread***

Associate
Which motherboard? From what I can recall, they don't usually steal graphics lanes and since the 7700 XT has the full 16 lanes available, you're operating at the equivalent of 8 lanes @ PCI-E 4.0 which should only be a few % loss.

I’m using the msi b450 tomahawk max a really good motherboard in its day but feel as though it’s not got the latest greatest technologies.

The problem with upgrading to am5 would be new cpu

Man of Honour
I’m using the msi b450 tomahawk max a really good motherboard in its day but feel as though it’s not got the latest greatest technologies.
From what I can see in the manual there is no lane sharing with the M.2 slot and the graphics, but it does say you lose 2x SATA ports by using it (I don't know if that's only if you use a SATA M.2, or any M.2).

Associate
Anyone else having a weird issue with Adrenaline whereby it is resetting back to default settings?
All I've done with mine is do a custom fan curve. I can be playing a game and all of a sudden the gpu fans ramp up. Exit game and Adrenaline has reset back to default settings.

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else having a weird issue with Adrenaline whereby it is resetting back to default settings?
All I've done with mine is do a custom fan curve. I can be playing a game and all of a sudden the gpu fans ramp up. Exit game and Adrenaline has reset back to default settings.

No.... Do you have MSI AB running? if so make sure the little Windows logo isn't lit, if it is it may conflict with your Adrenaline software.

9LdDk39.jpeg

Caporegime
OP
I've read somewhere it can be something to do with windows fast start up. Which I don't have activated, so it can't be!

I do use it, so far as i know if you don't it resets your settings in the performance tab on every reboot, it might be worth you turning it on, see if it fixes your issue, you can always turn it off again later.

8OMlIJo.jpeg

fEEXM31.jpeg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes m8 Wattman is ******* useless unless you use the game profile settings, if you just use Global it'll reset itself all the time (I hate the bloody thing for it and just tend to use Afterburner!!)

@LtMatt some **** at AMD def needs shooting for it!

Last edited:
Associate
Yes m8 Wattman is ******* useless unless you use the game profile settings, if you just use Global it'll reset itself all the time (I hate the bloody thing for it and just tend to use Afterburner!!)

@LtMatt some **** at AMD def needs shooting for it!
It's a bit annoying. I have a fan curve set to keep it quiet. It'll happily game for a while then randomly the fans go ape. Exit the game, check settings, back to default.
I did manage over an hour of The Witcher 3 just now without it doing it though, which was nice.

Associate
It's a bit annoying. I have a fan curve set to keep it quiet. It'll happily game for a while then randomly the fans go ape. Exit the game, check settings, back to default.
I did manage over an hour of The Witcher 3 just now without it doing it though, which was nice.
I had this and a driver factory reset sorted it out. I also disabled fast boot.

Back
Top Bottom