***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My unit is the Megalodon from moju republic. Great service from them.
I use 510 LR atties, have a few from Ikenvape, again great service. U.S. company mind.
Also 510 LR cisco atties from ivapourelixir. Great service again.

I started with a basic 510 starter kit from totally wicked, again great service.
Then a Gary Dibley USB passthrough from liberty Flights. Great service.
Then to the GoldenGreeks UFS from ecigs. Amazing device, though could not warrant the £75 and quickly sold it on and returned to dripping.

I nearly gave up on vaping very quickly, as the juices all had a taste I hated. I have since found it was the inferior chinese PG that some companies use, it has a underlying taste.
I now mix my own and after first buying the cheapest PG nicotine base from liberty flights, I found that 'orrible taste again. Arrrggghhh.
They also have a higher quality PG, though have not tried that, so not sure if it totally tasteless.

I then plumped for Neat54 from cloud 9, great stuff, totally taste free and ready to add the flavour of your choice. I use FlavourArts, again great service from their U.K. site, though not all the range. Also great service from Cloud9.
Other reputable flavour companies are LorAnn, Capella, ThePerfumersApprentice and FlavourWest.

I cannot express enough the merits of mixing your own. It is not at all as confusing as it sounds and I would have saved quite a lot of cash trying it a year ago.

As I have said before the key to enjoying vaping is a good flavour. I hated all the tobacco ones and that nearly turned me off vaping early on also.

Associate
Never heard of this.......

I am interested in buying a kit for my mums Boyfriend, does it work out cheaper than smoking?

Soldato
Never heard of this.......

I am interested in buying a kit for my mums Boyfriend, does it work out cheaper than smoking?

The initial outlay is quite steep, but for a quality kit and mix your own refills it can save you quite a bit. You have to factor in replacement atomisers and batteries as they have a finite life but some people claim £150 pm savings. Obviously the more you smoke normally, then more you save

Associate
The initial outlay is quite steep, but for a quality kit and mix your own refills it can save you quite a bit. You have to factor in replacement atomisers and batteries as they have a finite life but some people claim £150 pm savings. Obviously the more you smoke normally, then more you save

Ok thanks, ill run this past him.

Associate
I've been vaping for well over a year now and enjoy it much more than the 20-30 roll ups I smoked everyday,on average it cost me around £6 per week using the riva510 that I've had from day one,only down side is the atomisers sometimes they can last weeks and some I've had have lasted only 3-6 days,not sure about health wise as I always wake up in night few times gagging for water and positive it's something to do with vaping.
Currently vaping old holborn low 11mg from oksmokey who have always been spot on with my orders and even replaced some short lived atomisers with no problems

Soldato
How about people's experiences vaping when out and about? Have you had any negative reactions? Been told to put it away or sent outside at a pub/club?

So far, I've had nothing but positive reactions in bars etc. (or no reaction at all!). Any publicans that have approached me with a "Sorry, you can't do that in here!" have immediately apologised and become very interested or amused once I show them what it is.

In fact, the only negative reactions I've seen have been from the general populace on the street - especially in London. Walking by dramatically waving their arms and coughing even though there's no smell or anything. I've also seen some people, when I've been vaping behind them (in a queue, for example) look up and see the cloud of vapour move above them and visibly recoil like somebody just spat at them.

Associate
Been using an iolite since June 2010, so at my year's anniversary of use I can give it a full appraisal.

I gave up tobacco in 2006 and was piping pure up till last June, so I was already in decent shape regarding combustible carcinogens, but the iolite has proven to be amazing and definitely improved my overall health.

My lungs feel pristine now after a year and I'm in tip top condition and free to get vaped every night should I choose to do so.

There's also no hangover type effects, which, whilst rare, are definitely possible when old school smoking.

If you're on the fence regarding vaping, try it, it has so many advantages over traditional smoking that you'll wonder why you ever bothered with it.

Soldato
Actually, while I'm in here...

I love my Riva 510, but obviously there's the whole frequent cart-topping inconvenience.

While tanks solve that particular problem, I'm seeing lots of unfavourable comparisons regarding vapour production, throat hit and flavour intensity.

So: anything tank-based worth looking at, or should I stick to my otherwise-great 510 for now?

Soldato
Actually, while I'm in here...

I love my Riva 510, but obviously there's the whole frequent cart-topping inconvenience.

While tanks solve that particular problem, I'm seeing lots of unfavourable comparisons regarding vapour production, throat hit and flavour intensity.

So: anything tank-based worth looking at, or should I stick to my otherwise-great 510 for now?

I've been considering a tank as well, but for now I'm content with dripping. Would be good to know how it fares in comparison. Anyone?

Soldato
I saw on the Liberty Flights forum that Gary Dibley was messing with some prototypes for a tank box mod. Will keep an eye on that one to see if he goes ahead with it!

Soldato
I'm rocking one of these right now.

Called a Multimod. 3.7v , 4.2v with a passthrough and has an awesome battery life of over 2000mah with built in charger. Great device for £45.

2011-06-21%25252011.10.19.jpg

Buying a Megaladon on Thursday, changed to mini Don mode for when I go out.

I don't really care what people think when i'm out and about in all honesty, they got their smoking ban so they can deal with it. Fed up with accomodating petty pathetic people who don't want to listen or be educated on such matters.

With my Arry Tank on my mod, looks like some form of demented crack pipe.

Soldato
I've been considering a tank as well, but for now I'm content with dripping. Would be good to know how it fares in comparison. Anyone?

I have a Janty eGo XL Tank setup, not impressed. Unless you use really light PG liquid, you get a lot of dry burns. I just use 510 LR cartomisers on the batteries. Much nicer.

The Arry Tank on the other hand, is excellent. Perfect vape everytime, holds 5ml of liquid. It makes shoddy Clearomisers into something decent.

Soldato
Oh, and here's the Don. http://www.mojurepublic.com/products/Megalodon-(The-Don)--**NEW-VERSION**.html

For any smokers on the fence, once you get into this, you won't look back.

I was a 20+ a day smoker for 15 years and this is the only thing that could get me off the fags. I haven't quit, i've upgraded you could say.

And avoid expensive "Quit" kits, they suck. Get something like the Riva 510 to start with, and once you get the feeling of a cig thing out of your system and want something beefier, The Bombshell mod or a Megaladon type device are the way forward.

Sat chuffing on some Caramel Apple liquid atm, veeeeery nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom