The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/02/wicther-3-wild-hunt-islands-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

In addition to the mainland in the game, The Witcher 3 players will also be able to swim or sail to various islands off the coast.

Speaking in an interview with Russian news outlet Stratege.ru, Witcher 3 writer Jakub Szamałek said each island will hold its own secrets and there will be five large ones and around the same number of smaller islands to explore.
“You can not only use the boat to sail but also swim under water, opening up new areas that are inaccessible by land,” said Szamałek. “We have designed five large islands and about the same number of smaller ones, which we have not yet demonstrated in public.
“You will see a lot of interesting places to explore: ancient ruins, abandoned buildings, caves and much more. We created each of these places in a unique way for the players who want to get there.
“Some of them will be associated with Geralt’s story, while others just hide behind a lot of secrets. In general, they all carry some meaning. Our team spent a lot of time to recreate the world of Geralt and make it feel alive.”
It is starting to sound ridiculous now!!!

Soldato
i know it wont show much given the game is prob gonna have 50+ hours of content but its easily my most anticipated game this year so i want it all to be as fresh as i can.

Comments suggest its possibly next gen console but the youtube vids are so sketchy sometimes it could just be badly compressed. World looks amazing tho as always

Caporegime
I think I'm the only person whos not looking forward to this game. I couldn't get into W1 or the sequel either so theres not much point in me buying this either :(

Funniley enough, i did not like the first one and got bored very quickly of it (sold it). Then i gave the second one a go and i absolutely loved it - probably one of my favoruite games of all time.

Soldato
Funniley enough, i did not like the first one and got bored very quickly of it (sold it). Then i gave the second one a go and i absolutely loved it - probably one of my favoruite games of all time.

I don't think I gave the second game a real chance to be honest as I got to the first major town, got bogged down in quests and was amazingly confused by the combat system as I got completely owned by some creatures just outside of it where some troll guy was who wanted booze or something. Lost interest really quickly instead of going back for me.

Its been the same with dragon age inquisition too actually as its not the compelling story driven game I was expecting so I've barely touched it (3 hours max).

Associate
Just nearly finished witcher 2 now after owning it probably since it came out. I'd recommend persisting with it but I do know what you mean, I started and quit it about 4 times before. Definitely gets better.

Associate
I was exactly the same; Flotsam took me a few attempts to get through.

You haven’t really had a chance to get to grips with the un-intuitive combat system and it’s really easy to get swamped by some tough early monsters, not to mention the last encounter in the area, many people had to get others to play their save game and defeat it

Get past all that though and the game really opens up, story kicks in and the trial by fire combat really sets you up for the rest of the game.

Back
Top Bottom