Thermalrite coolers intel standoff issue

Associate
hello the community,
just wanted to ask if anyone is having issues recieving any thermalrite coolers without the blue intel standoffs in the package i have recieved 2 coolers which have had the same issue of not having the intel standoofs...is this normal as i have been directly to their website and any coolers which support both intel and amd in multiple varieties show the product as having red standoffs for AMD and blue for INTEL

if someone could confirm that maybe the standoffs are universal maybe
has someone here fitted a thermalrite phantom spirit 120SE and recieved the product without the blue standoffs or with

any answers would be muchos gracias

Soldato
hello the community,
just wanted to ask if anyone is having issues recieving any thermalrite coolers without the blue intel standoffs in the package i have recieved 2 coolers which have had the same issue of not having the intel standoofs...is this normal as i have been directly to their website and any coolers which support both intel and amd in multiple varieties show the product as having red standoffs for AMD and blue for INTEL

if someone could confirm that maybe the standoffs are universal maybe
has someone here fitted a thermalrite phantom spirit 120SE and recieved the product without the blue standoffs or with

any answers would be muchos gracias

I brought a Thermalright Frozen Prism 240 for my Mrs machine from the rainforest, this one actually: https://www.thermalright.com/product/frozen-prism-240-black-argb/

Im using it on an AM5 system and using the orange/red stand-off's from the AMD fitting kit, ive just checked the box for the fitting kit for Intel and it does indeed contain blue stand-off's for the Intel socket, they are completely different to the AMD Stand-off's where this particular cooler is concerned, the Thermalright Intel fitting kit comes with a backplate and the stand-off's are shorter and thinner, on AM4/AM5 you use the stock backplate.

See how they are different here:

Last edited:
Commissario
I'll move this to cooling, but as Jamin says they are different.

Have you thoroughly checked the packaging, IIRC with my Noctua heatsink the Intel stand offs were in a different bag to the AMD ones, and I think in a different part of the package/under a but of card.

Having said that, it wouldn't be the first time a batch of something has left a factory missing a part.

Soldato
i did recently return an thermalright axp90-x53 as it came with 2 set of the same standoffs, and they when fitted looked to be about 5mm to small for the intel systems.
i didnt even notice till you said but yes both bags was red.

it was going onto an LGA1700 socket so i may have just received one that didn't have the upgrade kit in the box

Last edited:
Associate
OP
My Peerless Assassin came with red and blue standoffs so I reckon a batch got sent out with incorrect accessories. Try contacting Thermalright, they are pretty quick to respond to questions.
i have tried contacting thermalrite but their contact info on their website just opens up a google chrome link page with nothing in it...if you have a link that would be awesome...i also noticed there don't seem to be any thermalrite products on sale here at OCUK...?

Last edited:
Soldato
thanks for that email sent this morning fingers crossed somebody replies soon

i have had about 4 TR coolers over the last few months, i defo have some screws if needed as they all went on AM4 apart from one.
if you dont get any contact id be happy to send you some

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If nothi no by Monday al sort you out
well that email '[email protected]' came to nothing,returned as not known,so i eventually realised that i had to go to their site using chrome,(am a firefox user),on my phone to send support a message,that was a few days ago but nothing back from them,i ended up returning the unit so will wait some more and see if i get a reply back...thanks for all your help by the way

Soldato
well that email '[email protected]' came to nothing,returned as not known,so i eventually realised that i had to go to their site using chrome,(am a firefox user),on my phone to send support a message,that was a few days ago but nothing back from them,i ended up returning the unit so will wait some more and see if i get a reply back...thanks for all your help by the way
Chinese new year at the moment, so it may take a while longer for support to get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom