Thinking of changing to dual chamber case from 5000D airflow..worth it ?

Associate
Recently build first PC in years. Happy enough with it. No issues. Very quiet. Have 3 fan curves set for cpu, air intake, and exhaust.

I am not a lover of RGB but would like to see the internals all the same as case sits on desk next to me. The dark glass panel on the 5000D makes this impossible. It's also like a mirror. So thinking of buying an Antec C8 and transplanting the lot.

This is purely for aesthetic reasons. I am not sure if there would be any cooling benefit. I would be drawing cool air in from beneath bottom of case with a dual chamber instead of front of case like now.
Radiator would still be on side and top and rear would be outakes.

Would be interested in opinions

Thanks

Pics of current build/case here : https://imgur.com/a/nSSsXtj

Last edited:
Soldato
If your happy with your current case apart from not being able to see due to the tint on the glass, you can get replacement / different glass panels from Corsair for £20.

Associate
OP
If your happy with your current case apart from not being able to see due to the tint on the glass, you can get replacement / different glass panels from Corsair for £20.
Thanks. The only alternative glass panel they have is for the white 5000D case which has no tint but the borders are all white. There is no non-heavily tinted version available for the black case

Considering I have black and white cabling, white fan accents in the corners, I wonder would the white side panel I linked look pants ?

Alternatively I could call it a day and buy a solid side panel like this (left and right are interchangeable) https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-...00d-airflow-solid-side-panel-black-cc-8900491
Not sure if the side venting would have any impact considering the side and front fans are intakes. Also fairly flimsy so wouldn't be as good a noise deadener as the heavy glass panel.

By the way how do you find the Liquid Freezer III ? Is the pump noisy ? Any issue with side fan turbulence as I see the blades are a little restricted by the slots in side frame ? The Corsair 5000D avoid this by cutting out round holes in the side which are perfect 120mm size.
Also does the bottom fan help the GPU ? Sorry for all the questions but the NV5 aesthetically is one of the nicest cases I have seen.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Putting an LED strip inside the case will reduce the mirror effect and allow you to see the internals, if you're happy with everything else about the case

Soldato
Buy the white panel
Get some black door sill vinyl for 5 quid
1 roll gave me enough for a couple of attempts
At getting it right
First attempt I didn't quite get corners right
As I tried a diagonal join
Once I find where my partner "tidied it up " to
Will have a second attempt

Back
Top Bottom