Three body Problem (2024)

Man of Honour
Just finished this and I wasn't impressed at all. It felt more like a BBC production that anything that had a decent budget.

Non of the characters are particularly interesting, most of the episodes are quite boring for most of their run time, the special effects are mostly rubbish and the acting is generally soap opera standard at best.

Doubt I'll watch the next season.

On to Fallout.

Associate
Bit of a weird vibe to this show, at times the quality looks great, other times it's EastEnders quality, that goes for quality of the acting as well.

That last scene on the ship was fun. :)

Associate
I stayed away from the thread until I had a chance to watch it all. Dunno anything about the books or the other series.

Nice concept that takes quite a while to get fully revealed, and therefore keeps you interested as to exactly what is going on. The problem I find with all such programs is that they can't keep the mystery going on long enough, they run out of ways to keep you engaged and yet not fully uninformed, and once that happens it just becomes another inter-personal relationships series.

Last edited:
Associate
watched the first 3 episodes a couple of weeks ago and realised today I completely forgot about it and have zero interest in watching the rest.

Soldato
I've not read the thread as I'm only halfway in, but I'm in the middle of Ep 4 and -

They've just driven a combat vehicle threw a wall into a room full of scientists, clearly flagged who the mole was and ended up gunning down lots of (probably pacifist) geniuses?! Then, we're led to believe that the girl escaped the whole way through the Police and into the fields, crawling on her belly?! I was quite enjoying things until this all went down the toilet?

Last edited:
Soldato
I finished this last night. It's okay, but for me there is too much not explained and rather unlikely. Like -

They say the aliens can't read their thoughts, but how were they implanting the countdown in their vision?
I didn't get how they were going to take 400 years to arrive, but they could communicate with zero lag?
Maybe I didn't get the whole 4 micro thingies, two pairs... that are supposed to be everywhere all at once? Cause even that sounds a little silly, no? How did they get here instantly from 400 light years away?
How were they hacking cars autonomous driving?
Sending the brain to the aliens, did I miss how they knew what direction to send the brain in? How do they know where the Aliens are?

There just seemed too much of these aliens having god like vision and control, but they are 400 light years away?

I probably missed something, cause I'm just not getting it.

Back
Top Bottom