Three body Problem (2024)

Caporegime
Here we go again... lol Now with Western Netflix money...

I recognise a lot of the scenes but there's the "Katana Lady" at the end and she shouldn't be in it yet, so thats interesting :p

Soldato
Might be time to renew my Netflix for a month for the first time in several years.

I can't remember all the details of the book, but the overarching plot was delightfully mad sci-fi goodness.

Soldato
Just saw the trailer, and this looks spot-on to how I visualised it when reading the books.

The books themselves are mind blowing with some incredible concepts, but utterly bleak.

It'll be interesting to see if they ever actually show the Trisolarians as they are never described in the books. The only description comes in a separate linked novel penned by a different writer, but apparently has the approval of the original author.

Soldato
I don't understand the hype about this book at all. Call me a layman but I just did not "get it" and found it a total drag.

Soldato
I enjoyed the Chinese version, but by 'eck it certainly meandered along and dragged scenes/plots out unnecessarily imo, so a more concise version would be welcome.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Read the first book but didn't have any desire to continue. It was so highly regarded that I had high expectations and it was indeed good in places but I didn't think it was anywhere near as wonderful as many suggested. It lost its way at various points and dragged in places so by the end I was happy to be done with it.

Might give this a watch if I have time.

Soldato
It's quite a difficult read due to the translation, the writing is a very different style to most Western novels, it feels rushed and overly dense.

I thought the books were good, but more because of the ideas, rather than the execution.

I'm reading Adrian Tchaikovsky's Children of Time trilogy at the moment which is a much better read, with some similar themes.

Soldato
It's quite a difficult read due to the translation, the writing is a very different style to most Western novels, it feels rushed and overly dense.

I thought the books were good, but more because of the ideas, rather than the execution.

I'm reading Adrian Tchaikovsky's Children of Time trilogy at the moment which is a much better read, with some similar themes.

Read Tchaikovsky trilogy.

Book 1 is fantastic. But 2 and 3 I'm afraid to say are rubbish. And that's being honest. Especially book 3.

Soldato
Does anyone understand the part from the first book where the scientist finds the numbers in the photographs? I think they start counting down if I remember correctly.... But I can't remember what the relevance of this is/was.

When the aliens do finally engage the humans, it's all is such an anticlimax with the pearl shaped object tearing through everything

The ending gets weird with all that 4th dimensional stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think if I'm not wrong it's the first translated Chinese sci-fi.
Doesn't make it good though :D

In all seriousness I think this is going to crash and burn. Lots of people (not I) won't support it out of spite for the GoT creators. And if they do, it's such a complex book I just dont see how it will translate. And it looks like it is set in the UK maybe? Unclear, but won't help. Just my opinion, I'm not a fan of judging things before they're released.

Back
Top Bottom