** TIME TO GET TRIIGGERED BY VERTAGEAR **

OcUK Staff
OP
Got to agree with this. My immediate thought was these are Aeron clones. Only real test is longevity though - my Aeron must be 10 years old and still rock solid with full daily use (I work from home). It only needs me to whip out the duster to look brand new.

This is 100% the market that Vertagear are aiming at.

Soldato
Got to agree with this. My immediate thought was these are Aeron clones. Only real test is longevity though - my Aeron must be 10 years old and still rock solid with full daily use (I work from home). It only needs me to whip out the duster to look brand new.

Aerons. They're the ones some have at work.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Be good to see an image of the chair with a headrest fitted.

But, as with all chairs, but especially once you get to this price range, buying online without first being able to park your backside on it is a risk. It may have loads of adjustment, but this really is a lifetime investment.

OcUK Staff
OP
Be good to see an image of the chair with a headrest fitted.

But, as with all chairs, but especially once you get to this price range, buying online without first being able to park your backside on it is a risk. It may have loads of adjustment, but this really is a lifetime investment.

Planning to have both in our showroom shortly after launch :)

Caporegime
People said the same about Noble, oh how wrong they were. :)

well going on literally every post replying since posting them is about how they are priced i hope so.:p

im sure there will be people who will buy them.can see drops on them and big ones at some point.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Planning to have both in our showroom shortly after launch :)

It's a long way to get to you from down here. I might even need a passport :D

look okay but they aint gunna be selling at those prices.

Yes they are pricey, but think of how long you spend sat in front of the PC, and many of us are replacing kit in those regularly, thinking nothing of the cost. Instead the chair bought should last forever, compared to cheap stuff that I seem to replace far too frequently (even an AK Racing thing I coughed up for 18 months ago now still looks OK, but the gas lift is failing). I might have gone for a leather Noble, but these Vertagears look to be in another league completely,

Associate
I might even put in a pre-order for the 350 SE.

Trying to wrestle with whether the SE is worth the extra money over the standard 350.

As it's something I'll be keeping for years to come. And with back issues. These chairs look much better for comfort over a normal gaming chair.

But such a lot of money for either, so going to think on this some more.

OcUK Staff
OP
I might even put in a pre-order for the 350 SE.

Trying to wrestle with whether the SE is worth the extra money over the standard 350.

As it's something I'll be keeping for years to come. And with back issues. These chairs look much better for comfort over a normal gaming chair.

But such a lot of money for either, so going to think on this some more.

Just so you know the differences between the 350 and 350SE

- Paint job - They've basically used the same grade of paint found on cars, so it's long lasting, hard wearing and it looks really nice (providing you like red)
- Holton hub-less Casters - These are 75mm compared to 65mm, which gives a bit of extra height to the chair, more importantly they are better performing than their 65mm counterparts.
- Weight Limit - Up to 200KG on the 350SE, due mainly to the 75mm casters.
- Headrest - There is a multi-directional headrest included as standard with the 350SE.

We will be doing a video on the 350SE before launch to further highlight the features.

Associate
It's a long way to get to you from down here. I might even need a passport :D

Yes they are pricey, but think of how long you spend sat in front of the PC, and many of us are replacing kit in those regularly, thinking nothing of the cost. Instead the chair bought should last forever, compared to cheap stuff that I seem to replace far too frequently (even an AK Racing thing I coughed up for 18 months ago now still looks OK, but the gas lift is failing). I might have gone for a leather Noble, but these Vertagears look to be in another league completely,

This is how I feel.

It's a lot of money I agree. But this is something for the long term.

If it helps me feel more comfortable and lasts, it will be well worth the cost.

Soldato
look okay but they aint gunna be selling at those prices.

If the quality is there then they will. A "cheap" £100 chair was lasting me about 18 months before something went, whether it was the gas lift, cushions, arms rest etc. I burned through 3 or 4 before spending a lot on the Aeron - which is still going strong 10 years later. Overall, I've saved money.

These vertagears do look very nice and from what I see are well built. Were I in the market, my butt would be driving over to OCHQ to look at them in the flesh.

If you are spending a lot of time in a chair it is worth investing in a good one.

Associate
Just so you know the differences between the 350 and 350SE

- Paint job - They've basically used the same grade of paint found on cars, so it's long lasting, hard wearing and it looks really nice (providing you like red)
- Holton hub-less Casters - These are 75mm compared to 65mm, which gives a bit of extra height to the chair, more importantly they are better performing than their 65mm counterparts.
- Weight Limit - Up to 200KG on the 350SE, due mainly to the 75mm casters.
- Headrest - There is a multi-directional headrest included as standard with the 350SE.

We will be doing a video on the 350SE before launch to further highlight the features.

Thanks for the comparison. And I'm a sucker for red and black colour schemes. :D

Soldato
As a Herman Miller user myself, I have to say these look like they could be really good. Price wise the cheapest is cheaper than the no frills mira and the most expensive less than the executive aeron, but has a bit of leather thrown in on some of the contact points so the price isn't unreasonable.

A good chair might save you a lot of money in the long run ;)

Last edited:

TJM

TJM

Associate
End of the day OcUK's range of chairs is better than anywhere else with all price points covered. :)
I think there's a hole in the market for chairs under £300 that aren't unbelievably ugly and/or awkward looking. If you can stock it, I'll buy it.

Back
Top Bottom