tips on how to get x2 16GB sticks to work together at 6000mhz

Soldato
OP
Set it disabled. Guy in Viideo said he was having trouble so has it disabled
I'vedone a * lot * of research on the memory context issue, disabled is where the memory training will happen over and over again at start up thus increasing boot times, boot times is *not* my issue, my boot times are fine, the bios has the training info saved, and starts up fast, the only problem is getting the ram to train at 6000, if I can get that then the context restore will be perfect, no repeated memory training, I just need to get it to boot into bios at 6000, then get it to boot again with restore on, and then it will boot forever at 6000, with no extra memorry training, i've tried it both ways extensively, I know which makes boot times longer, the main problem when people are having trouble with context on, is when they first build the computer, and the following days, because restore is on by default usually, but it has no succsessfull training boot to have saved ,the training from so it goes into a training loop, it is better to leave the pc on in the boot training loop, untill it gets it right, then from there is is fine to still be on the restore mode , honest. my pc is not going into a training loop, at 6000, or lower speed, I'm going to try everything again today though, and I'm feeling lucky!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
in windows as it basically puts your ram slots into a low power state which needs waking up everytime you want to do something on your PC.
okay, so how will it affect the bios booting, if it is meant for power downing in windows?
Try enabling power down mode in the RAM settings, might help. What's the SOC voltage being set to with XMP?
amd xmp, is not called xmp

Soldato
okay, so how will it affect the bios booting, if it is meant for power downing in windows?

With MCR and PD disabled you'll get sower post times times, as it will have to retrain the memory every time you switch on, but overall faster in windows.

With both enabled you'll get faster post times but latency will be slower in windows and you may notice some lag on your mouse pointer when returning to your PC after 5 mins or so whilst the slots wake up.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
n the extreme tweaker menu,
there is no extreme tweaker menu, the closest I can find to that is a "tweaker's paradise" section, fwiw, when I enable XPO6000mhz, and save and close it says that the things that you are talking about have been upped to .4000, ty for the help, but I just cannot find the voltages that you mean in the BIOS

Last edited:
Soldato
there is no extreme tweaker menu, the closest I can find to that is a "tweaker's paradise" section, fwiw, when I enable XPO6000mhz, and save and close it says that the things that you are talking about have been upped to .4000, ty for the help, but I just cannot find the voltages that you mean in the BIOS

Which board is it exactly ? The only ones that are really locked down and stop you changing things are the A620 series board, B650 and X670 you are able to change everything in.

Last edited:
Soldato
ASUS x670E-A
idiot outside problem this anyway, cpuz, shows the ram running at 3000mhz, but DDR is doubled right, so that is 6000hz in reality?
Yes thats right, 3000mhz is 6000MT/s

The menu where all the voltages etc are is called AI Tweaker, but you have to be in advanced mode not easy mode to access it, ive just had a look at your bios.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes thats right, 3000mhz is 6000MT/s

The menu where all the voltages etc are is called AI Tweaker, but you have to be in advanced mode not easy mode to access it, ive just had a look at your bios.

okay, so just to check should this ram run at 6000mhz, or not?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom