Tomb Raider - Rise of the Raider PC

Associate
OP
Thanks All, Went with CDKeys after all. Don't see anything on the main game websites about this game except for a package of under £99 and I do not use Game. I liked having a hard copy and I have quite a lot of my games on disc, its a lot faster to re-install than downloading, but then again I have a few which are downloaded only.

Man of Honour
This game along with Farcry Primal use Denuvo DRM. The EULA for Farcry state sthat even after uninstallation, Denuvo may remain on the system

I hope there's an uninstaller for Denuvo like there is with SecuROM. I hate crap being left behind from an uninstalled piece of software. There is nothing that annoys me more.

Soldato
The storyline was mainly getting off the Island, and something about a cult who worshipped the spirit of a godess trapped in a body.
Shame it was such a step back from the old Tomb Raider games in terms of story. Ya know, those classic plotlines where you........uh..........raided tombs.......and stuff.

Soldato
Shame it was such a step back from the old Tomb Raider games in terms of story. Ya know, those classic plotlines where you........uh..........raided tombs.......and stuff.

It was one of my top 2014 games. As for the story, I liked it. Yes, the actual tomb raiding was missing, but it was the story of how she begun.

I'm REALLY hoping this new one is a lot more focused on tomb raiding.

Soldato
It was one of my top 2014 games. As for the story, I liked it. Yes, the actual tomb raiding was missing, but it was the story of how she begun.

I'm REALLY hoping this new one is a lot more focused on tomb raiding.
Story was definitely passable. I just think it's funny people are criticizing it when story has hardly ever been a major selling point of the series.

Soldato

Lol:D And lol at people expecting a deep/memorable storyline from a TR game. The focal point lies elsewhere and I'd much rather have a simple plot that ties up the gameplay reasonably well than a fantastically convoluted one that even the devs can't follow (just look what happened to AC).

I don't think anyone with their heads screwed on the right way round spends time analysing the story of Indiana Jones movies and the like:p

Soldato
It wasn't a bad game, just wasn't great either. I liked the new look to Lara, loved the addition of the bow. The gameplay was fun for a while before it became repetitive.

The old games might not have had an amazing story, but they were more about adventure, exploration and puzzle solving. There was nothing else like it at the time. That can't be said about the rebooted TR, it's pretty much a re-skinned Uncharted. It could have done with something to set it apart as it was sorely lacking in the puzzle department.

Soldato
It wasn't a bad game, just wasn't great either. I liked the new look to Lara, loved the addition of the bow. The gameplay was fun for a while before it became repetitive.

The old games might not have had an amazing story, but they were more about adventure, exploration and puzzle solving. There was nothing else like it at the time. That can't be said about the rebooted TR, it's pretty much a re-skinned Uncharted. It could have done with something to set it apart as it was sorely lacking in the puzzle department.

100% this.

Such a bland game that did nothing or even entertain the idea of doing anything new.

I wouldn't be surprised now if they bring one out every year akin to the CODs and FIFAs of the this world.

Caporegime
I am genuinely surprised to see the lack of love for TR. Each to their own of course but I really did enjoy it and went through it twice (3D second time). I also did all the little side secrets as well but never bothered with the MP part.

I was gutted to see Square sign a timed exclusive with Microsoft but at least glad I will be playing this by the 29th :)

Back
Top Bottom