Top fan mounting?

Associate
This is probably going to be a really noob question, but I have a C33 commander case and bought 2 additional 140mm fans for the top exhaust - except there are no screw holes? It looks like it has rails(?) for install? How do I attach the fans? There don't seem to be any instructions.

Soldato
The rails will be for if you are using a radiator so you can slide it left or right to best suit position.

You should be able to just screw the fans in as normal and have better range of fan position because of the rails. (if the screws fit?)

Hope this makes sense.

Associate
OP
The rails will be for if you are using a radiator so you can slide it left or right to best suit position.

You should be able to just screw the fans in as normal and have better range of fan position because of the rails. (if the screws fit?)

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks. I think I see what you mean. I take it they screw in from the top(seeing as the fan would be in the way otherwise) unless I'm missing something?
I seem to be having a hell of a lot of trouble getting the screws in (more so while holding the fan). That said, the PSU cover wouldn't align either so maybe this case is just awful. The PSU doesn't sit on the feet either.

Soldato
You may have to use a nut and bolt for the fans then if normal fan screws don't fit.

Was there any suppied with the case?

Can you post some pics?

EDIT

Just had a look online to see some pictures of the case and there is not many about showing the rails.

Do you actually need the top fans, can you return them?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You may have to use a nut and bolt for the fans then if normal fan screws don't fit.

Was there any suppied with the case?

Can you post some pics?

EDIT

Just had a look online to see some pictures of the case and there is not many about showing the rails.

Do you actually need the top fans, can you return them?
I mananged to get one in after a lot of trying. It might just be because the fans don't have a thread for the screws? The screws with the fan seemed to go in better than the ones with the case (although they're very similar).

Yeah, the lack of pictures/instruction was my issue as well. At least the rails were labelled. It's my first time adding top fans but I think they'll help a little with cooling, even if the CPU cooler blocks them a bit. I placed the MB in as a test to ensure it fits with the fans as it looks a squeeze but seems to be good. I'm adding the second fan today after building the MB properly outside the case - apart from the cooler and GPU as they're both massive so will need to be added after everything is in. Fingers crossed it's starting to take shape.

Soldato
Fan screws are self tapping and do cut the thread into the fan holes. I did think you meant the scews where to big to go through the rails.

I have only used fans in the roof when using a radiator, my build at the moment only has 2 x front and 1 x rear fans.

Out of interest, what is the spec of your PC?

Associate
OP
Fan screws are self tapping and do cut the thread into the fan holes. I did think you meant the scews where to big to go through the rails.

I have only used fans in the roof when using a radiator, my build at the moment only has 2 x front and 1 x rear fans.

Out of interest, what is the spec of your PC?
Ah tbh at first I wasn't sure myself if it was the holes or case.

I've gone for air cooling all around, something about water near electrics just bugs me even if it is more efficient.

Once it's all in it'll be 7800X3D, X670 Lightning, 7900XTX, Deepcool Assassin 4, 4TB P3 Plus and assorted HDDs in a C33 commander (2x200mm front fans, 1x120mm rear, 2x140mm top). Might be overkill on the cooling but currently in an 'office' room that gets pretty damn toasty so for a few extra £s decided it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom