Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
So Netflix, I’ve been holding a good amount and was 49% up. They smashed it out of the water yesterday with their results, but because they’re not going to publish subscriber numbers from 2025, they tanked 10%

I know it’s a bit nuts, but fundamentally they are just doing very well with growing revenue, growing profits and growing subscriber base.

So I topped up big time.

Soldato
So Netflix, I’ve been holding a good amount and was 49% up. They smashed it out of the water yesterday with their results, but because they’re not going to publish subscriber numbers from 2025, they tanked 10%

I know it’s a bit nuts, but fundamentally they are just doing very well with growing revenue, growing profits and growing subscriber base.

So I topped up big time.
What they mean is, subscriber numbers are going to fall so we are going to stop telling you about it. Not good.

Caporegime
AMD hammered
INTC broke its back.
NVDA probably is about to pull everything down

Interesting to see some tickers were trying to resist and almost going sideways.
Makes me wonder if the bottom is almost in for some areas of the market

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

probably going to be a whole year of trouble.

Last edited:
Associate

So I topped up big time.
My take on it was those new subscribers were mostly in low cost countries. Not sure of exact terminology but they are also going to stop revenue per user i think. Lower price subscriptions would drag it down.

Tbh they are raking in profits and I cashed out bit early at $560 but I had bought near lows and tripled holding in just over a year. Wish I had more on it though.

Think Netflix will be fine.

Paramount I have been buying lately, hoping to recover my pig of LUNR buy.

Gamble on hopefully Sony/Appollo deal goes through and not Skydance deal.

Last edited:
Associate
I wanted to quit whilst ahead with my GE shares bought through the company. Turns out I misunderstood how things worked when we were sold by GE to the current company that owns us. My shares came out of the SIP scheme (tax free to sell) and went into a vested account (subject to capital gains). I only found this out post April 5th so missed out on last years £6k capital gains limit which would have almost been enough to cover my gains. Epic fail. I could only sell up £6500 of my stock which saw me hit £2900 cap gains. I'm now left with 42 or so GE Aviation share in that account. Just have to hope they hold their price for when I can sell next year now. I'm a bit annoyed with myself over this one.

Caporegime
Bought some meta on the dive.
Got some are 410.
Didnt really understand the drop. Felt like classic drop after results for no good reason then bounce back.

Soldato
Bought some meta on the dive.
Got some are 410.
Didnt really understand the drop. Felt like classic drop after results for no good reason then bounce back.
The forward guidance was below expectation. It may come back a bit but those things can suppress for a while depending on how overvalued it is based on the new guidance.

Back
Top Bottom