Tyre Inflator

Soldato
Hi guys. Can anyone recommend an accurate digital tyre inflator from Halfords or the rain forest? Perhaps even rechargeable which might make it less hassle than using the interior 12v socket. Thanks.

Man of Honour
Something I will say is don't go for the compact ones - they'll get the job done but struggle, the ~18-20CM long ones are usually much much more authoritative at inflating a tyre. (Sadly don't seem to be on sale any more but one of mine is a MOSIQTIVE branded one and it is really quick).

Last edited:
Soldato
I have had one like this for a a few years and cant fault it.
But a different brand. I think they just licence it out to more than one company and they change the colors and put their own logo on it.
It cost about £15 when I bought it so it has gone up by a lot sadly but you may be able to find the same machine cheaper if you shop around.

AstroAI Tyre Inflator Air Compressor 12V, Portable Electric Auto-Stop Car Tyre Pump with Tyre Pressure Gauge, Valve Adaptors and LED Light, Car Accessories, Yellow​

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies guys.
To what PSI / BAR do you need? I have a Ring Automotive RAC610 which operates off the 12V and has trouble inflating over 35 PSI.

Yeah, good point, I noticed that quite a few inflaters don't go above 35 PSI. Since I regularly load my car with stuff I inflate to 36 PSI on the rears.

I have this one and it works well, but not rechargeable. It does have a wind up cord though so is easy to use and out away.

Looks good. One for me to consider though I'm leaning more and more towards rechargeable.

I got this one last year

It's ok but takes a while, and doesn't have enough charge to top up all the tyres on 2 cars if the need more than a couple of psi

That looks really good with a nice price, I might buy it. I only need it for one car so I assume from what you said that it should do all four tyres. It's a compact and Rroff mentioned compacts can struggle. But I like that it's rechargeable. When you say it takes a while, how long roughly would it take to inflate a tyre from say 26 to 36 PSI?

EDIT: I just read one of the Amazon reviews which said:

"What sets the Upboost Eco apart is its remarkable efficiency. It surpassed my expectations by effortlessly inflating my van tyres from 28PSI to 46PSI in less than two minutes."

That sounds good enough for me!

Last edited:
Don
That looks really good with a nice price, I might buy it. I only need it for one car so I assume from what you said that it should do all four tyres. It's a compact and Rroff mentioned compacts can struggle. But I like that it's rechargeable. When you say it takes a while, how long roughly would it take to inflate a tyre from say 26 to 36 PSI?

EDIT: I just read one of the Amazon reviews which said:

"What sets the Upboost Eco apart is its remarkable efficiency. It surpassed my expectations by effortlessly inflating my van tyres from 28PSI to 46PSI in less than two minutes."

That sounds good enough for me!

I'd say it would probably be around 2 minutes - I think I'm probably just impatient from having used petrol station airlines for so long

Soldato
Whilst it may be no real help to the OP, I've bought 2 Halfords ones over the years with both using 12v from a lighter which, from what I've seen looks to be "faster" than the few battery powered ones I'd seen.

The first is very old now and Halfords don't sell the same model anymore but so far its lasted probably 10 years at a guess and lives in my Audi whilst the newer one I only bought about a year ago for the Citroen - both were about £30 each IIRC and both do the job quite well for me.

Soldato
OP
I'd say it would probably be around 2 minutes - I think I'm probably just impatient from having used petrol station airlines for so long
My local petrol station airline was out of order when I went the other day which motivated me to buy my own. I do find it quite tricky to see the PSI numbers clearly on the screen on those petrol station machines when crouched down at a tyre.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I picked up a AA digital air compressor last year. Got sick and tired using petrol stations
Does the job. Happy with it.

Associate
If you have DeWalt power tools at home they do a very good tire inflator (also does air beds and other inflatable items) it's ££££££ though

Back
Top Bottom