Tyre Inflator

Soldato
The amount of these that i have purchased over the years, like the "highly recomeneded" ones.... and they all die, i dont even use them that often, maybe 3 times a year, and its a miracle if i get more than 3 years out one

Soldato
OP
Good choice, I got the RTC4000 back in November and it's brilliant. USB-C too :D I hated having to plug my old corded one into the 12V socket through the window, then pass it through the opposite window etc. So much easier/faster with a cordless one :)

Yes, I used mine for the first time yesterday and it's excellent :) My tyres were all on about 35 psi so I deflated them to 30 and inflated back up to 32psi. Well actually, to 32.5 psi to compensate as a little air escapes when unscrewing the connector from the valve. It's very fast and not as noisy as I expected. It's the cheapest 'good' inflator I found which has both a deflate button and the duality of cordless and 12v. The deflate button is very useful, I used it a few times yesterday.

Did you by any chance check your tyre pressures from the Ring against a petrol station inflator machine and did you find it accurate? I'm going to drive to my local Tesco garage and pop 50p in to see if matches the pressures I put in from my RTC4000. I'm assuming petrol station machines are accurate but I don't really know to be honest.

Edit; just did that. Taking into account an increase in the pressure from the tyres being warmed up, at the petrol station my RTC4000 showed my pressures had gone up to 33, 34 offside and 33, 33 nearside. The petrol station machine read the same for the offside but 34, 34 nearside. I don't know which is more accurate but I guess it's close enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
How'd you find it? I don't like the screw to fit the valve and it's bloody loud...but it's a pretty nifty piece of kit that stays in the boot if I need it

I find them all much of the same really.

I had one from eBay that lasted aaaaaaages, maybe 10 years it finally gave up, replaced it with a ring one that didn't last at all, and this one.

I think the key is how long they last and only time will tell, think I've had this one about a year now.

Soldato
OP
I find them all much of the same really.

I had one from eBay that lasted aaaaaaages, maybe 10 years it finally gave up, replaced it with a ring one that didn't last at all, and this one.

I think the key is how long they last and only time will tell, think I've had this one about a year now.

Hmm, hope mine doesn't break. In general how often do you use yours? Like once a week, fortnite or month?

Soldato
I’ve got a Ring RTC2000 hand held unit. Been fine every time I’ve used it. Took the tyres from 30 to 36, takes a bit of time but I usually just hook it up and leave it, then come back a few minutes later and swap it to the next tyre. It did all 8 tyres for top ups on a single charge, it would probably struggle to do a full tyre inflate on a single charge though.

Soldato
Yes, I used mine for the first time yesterday and it's excellent :) My tyres were all on about 35 psi so I deflated them to 30 and inflated back up to 32psi. Well actually, to 32.5 psi to compensate as a little air escapes when unscrewing the connector from the valve. It's very fast and not as noisy as I expected. It's the cheapest 'good' inflator I found which has both a deflate button and the duality of cordless and 12v. The deflate button is very useful, I used it a few times yesterday.

Did you by any chance check your tyre pressures from the Ring against a petrol station inflator machine and did you find it accurate? I'm going to drive to my local Tesco garage and pop 50p in to see if matches the pressures I put in from my RTC4000. I'm assuming petrol station machines are accurate but I don't really know to be honest.

Edit; just did that. Taking into account an increase in the pressure from the tyres being warmed up, at the petrol station my RTC4000 showed my pressures had gone up to 33, 34 offside and 33, 33 nearside. The petrol station machine read the same for the offside but 34, 34 nearside. I don't know which is more accurate but I guess it's close enough.

Get yourself some of these quick release valves:

No more air leaking when removing the inflator which makes that 'add 0.5psi' less of a requirement!

Man of Honour
They should all come with brass QR valves anyway but they're so cheap may as well get them.

My pump has been used quite regularly and still works perfectly fine. It's used across 2 cars and bikes, as well as family that visit a quick check of their pressures before their long journey back :D

Back
Top Bottom