UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread SF ** spoilers ** [30th April 1/2/7/8/9 May 2024]

Associate
Horrible that. Didn't play our best but equally they got a little lucky. Luiz is absolutely spent.

The refereeing in this comp has been absolutely chronic. My blue nose pal even text me when I got out saying hes never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
Associate
Leverkusen going the whole season unbeaten, would make it the best season in football history? serious question.

Has it ever been done before? across all comps, they've scored like 10 last min equalisers or winners to keep this streak going, it's so against the odds, for it to be possible.

Associate
Leverkusen going the whole season unbeaten, would make it the best season in football history? serious question.

Has it ever been done before? across all comps, they've scored like 10 last min equalisers or winners to keep this streak going, it's so against the odds, for it to be possible.
Can’t think of anything close to it across all competitions. Would be quite the achievement even if it is just the German league!

Associate
Can’t think of anything close to it across all competitions. Would be quite the achievement even if it is just the German league!

They've not been short of competitive matches, or streak ending situations, they just keep finding a way to respond to any setback so far :cry:

Bundesliga having three semi finalists in the two top competitions says the quality is there, even if it is perceived to be of a lower quality to many. And there's still the possibility of a Bayern vs Dortmund final again.

Multiple occasions where I see their live result, expecting their streak to have ended, only to come back and see they've somehow done the impossible yet again.

Soldato

It’s tough to say but if we take into account who they are and what they’re about to do, i think it may be.

Across all comps, not even close to favourites for any competition they entered, they shouldn’t be winning anything and haven’t won the league before and its not down to an influx of cash. So extra points right across the board.

A few seasons that stand out - Although these are all for teams that were red hot favourites for their domestic titles.

The current 3 greatest seasons are;

Celtic 1967 - Won everything - They also won a couple of other local cups as well. All with a squad born in Glasgow. Extra points.

Barca 2009 - Arguably the greatest team ever, won everything they entered. They almost repeated it in 2011 but lost the Spanish cup final to Madrid.

Bayern 2020 - Won everything as well.

Should be noted that the super cup started in 1972 and the club world cup in 2000 and lets be honest neither are relevant and UEFA teams should be winning these with ease.

Inter 2010, lost the Super Cup - I’m sure they had Rafa in charge rather than Jose though at that stage.

Back
Top Bottom