UK domain reg companies

Associate
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for UK based domain registrars?

Or do you just use the US companies? Any disadvantages of doing that?

Thanks.

Soldato
Thanks.

Do your bank charge you for paying Porkbun (for example) in dollars? Does that not wipe out the saving?

I pay from my UK business bank and it's still cheaper than almost any UK-based provider. Transaction fee is about £0.13 per £4.00

+1 for Porkbun though. Alternatively, Namesilo.

Last edited:
Soldato
20i is where all our domains are, used to be with Krystal but their own DNS hosting didn't allow records to be deleted without support doing it (don't know if this is fixed now)

Associate
Domains from namecheap and 123-reg and hosting with Krystal. Krystal do have options that only a support ticket can handle but my support tickets have always been addressed within 30 minutes. It helps prevents some idiot on shared hosting doing something that knocks everything out

Soldato
Godaddy any good?
Certainly not! The only good thing I can say about GoDaddy is that they do at least give refunds quite easily over live-chat.
They have incredibly shady domain sniping practices and unnecessary increased renewal costs.

Porkbun, NameSilo & CloudFlare are the ones I'd trust for domains.

Associate
Previously used Gandi, but their prices keep creeping up and up.

Moved a bunch of domains to cloudflare - you have to use their nameservers though, which I don’t always want to do.

But they are by far the cheapest, so I’ve taken to moving a domain to them, renew it for a long time (for some I’ve done the maximum they allow of 9 years) then move it back somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom