UK domain reg companies

Soldato
Only issue with name cheap is the ever increasing price, but not sure how much of that is them.

Seems like they do hike renewal price a bit now, been a couple years since I last had any service with Namecheap but they used to be reasonably priced.

Good site for this kinda thing:

I'll always vouch for Porkbun for domains.

Soldato
Just use 123reg, the buying process is easy and the dashboard is super simple to use.

Depending on what your doing, you’ll be setting up a CDN(Cloudflare) and changing the nameservers to that anyway. Your domain management(DNS) will then be managed via the CDN so you’ll never need to touch the registrar again unless to disable the auto renew or update your card details.

Soldato
I have used 123reg in the past. Not a fan. The user interface is shockingly 90s.
It’s been updated but regardless, the process is fast and clutter free.

I’ve used them all and I’ve currently got domains with fashosts, godaddy and krystal but 123 is just the simplest so its my default choice.

Soldato
Just use 123reg...
Really expensive, .uk is £12 and .com £18 which is silly when it's £4 and £5-7 elsewhere, and as someone said, their UI is naff.

I'll always vouch for Porkbun for domains.
Can't fault Porkbun, especially if you've got a currency fee free type card to bill to (pay in USD) as it makes them one of the cheapest for the usual TLD's outside of Cloudflare.

As @On Holiday mentions, tld-list.com is a handy site for doing quick lookups for prices...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom