UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

After a couple of runs in the 1990s and 2000s, the show is coming back. This time on the Beeb, so no adverts.

It's got a whole new roster of 16 Glads, so no Wolf or Jet I'm afraid! Some of the old events will return such as the Eliminator plus some new ones. The referee will be different too, so no John Anderson. I felt he was the voice of Gladiators (CONTENDORS... READY!) etc so a bit of a shame he isn't coming back but I think he's getting on a bit now.

Is anyone here going to watch it? Everywhere I've seen on the internet so far has been a bit cagey on a start date. It was always historically in September so we should know a start date by now, no?

There were injuries in the original Glads such as in the Powerball event and I'm sure the HSE has got their hands on the upcoming series but hope it doesn't get too watered down or become too politically correct in fear of the cancel culture cohort.

Reactions: KIA
Caporegime
After a couple of runs in the 1990s and 2000s, the show is coming back. This time on the Beeb, so no adverts.

It's got a whole new roster of 16 Glads, so no Wolf or Jet I'm afraid! Some of the old events will return such as the Eliminator plus some new ones. The referee will be different too, so no John Anderson. I felt he was the voice of Gladiators (CONTENDORS... READY!) etc so a bit of a shame he isn't coming back but I think he's getting on a bit now.
Well 'Wolf' is 70 and John Anderson is 91, so I don't think that would have worked!

Soldato
And Jet is busy hosting a barn dance at Yeovil aerodrome :D
Loved her back in the day. I started watching the Netflix show about the American Gladiators and decided to google Jet to see what she looks like now. Still top class but a lesbian and married to a right old munter she met in a supermarket. Absolute waste :mad:

Soldato
OP
It'll be all health and safety and woke, I expect a lot of people moving about slowly on wheelchairs filling every possible sexual orientation and race, with some subtle political rhetoric behind everything.

That's a bit extreme LOL :D

Being the BBC though (this time round), there could be some politics. Maybe not this year, but I think further down the line the gender card will get played. This will either allow biological males to play in the female category like in some sports, or else the male and female categories will go completely.

Surprised they're bothering another with another attempt at this, last time around in 08 it lasted a year before dying off again.

I was only aware of an '08 series yesterday when I was trying to research the cagey start date of the '23 series. Not sure why it failed but Wolf was still in this version according to Wikipedia.

Associate
Less than 10 posts it took in this thread.
Well it is the BBC - they cant even do a simple program about hotels without including a load of self-concious hand wringing about the luxury versus the poor oppressed locals who are employed there.

Last edited:
Associate

This American episode has some of the funniest moments I've ever seen on Gladiators. If you watch anything, watch Yoko get destroyed by Gina Carano on pyramid lol.

Back
Top Bottom