Upgrading PC / Pre Built?

Associate
Hello,

I've had my current PC for way too long, even GTA 5 is a stuttering mess now. And Far Cry 6 is literally unplayable.

I was looking at the prebuilt "OcUK Gaming Zirconium - Intel Core i7 14700KF, GeForce RTX 4080 Super Gaming PC" on the OCUK site and was wondering if it's worth buying or building my own with that level of budget?

My father built my current PC in 2015 and he's sadly since passed on. I did learn a lot of the fundamentals of building one with him. But would prefer to opt for a prebuilt if the value for money is roughly the same.

Or does anyone have a recommended £2500 ish build?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Associate
You would save yourself a fair bit building your own, but it's not a night and day difference. I would guess the components in that system are about £2200-2300 at retail.

Man of Honour
I would guess the components in that system are about £2200-2300 at retail.
Good guess :D

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,259.82 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

I don't know 100% that the NV5 has no fans included and the Phanteks website doesn't work for me right now.

OCUK don't spec the PSU brand (so far as I can see), but they use Kolink a lot so I went with that. The rest of the components are the closest match I could find except for the memory where I missed that OCUK use Corsair.

Associate
Sorry about your Dad

or get a ryzen 7800x3d build if just going gaming. Below has a 2tb ssd. case comes with 3 fans...cpu can be air cooled with something like a peerless assassin, or pretty much any air cooler for £35. ram you can get cheaper elsewhere if you look..kept with expo as to make it easier...you could downgrade to 850 w psu and save £40, but as psu has 10 year warranty, a bit more power as will do for next upgrade..
just goodle how to get windows 11 for £20 (same for build above). if you really like the NV5 case, could get that, just remember doesn't come with any fans...below comes with 3, though case above more premium

/url]:[/b]

Total: £1,972.92 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

Man of Honour
But would prefer to opt for a prebuilt if the value for money is roughly the same.
Or does anyone have a recommended £2500 ish build?

ocuk can build you a custom spec for a fee - it will be more expensive (obviously) but it's the route i would go if you're not confident building a computer on your own and have no one that can help

Soldato
It's so easy to self build now - everything is colour coded, ID and connections keyed. You can't really go wrong. CPUs don't have pins that can get bent! GO SELF BUILD!

Last edited:
Associate
ocuk can build you a custom spec for a fee - it will be more expensive (obviously) but it's the route i would go if you're not confident building a computer on your own and have no one that can help
I went the custom build route, I think its about £140 on top and 4% of the parts

Back
Top Bottom