Velma Is Complete And Utter Trash

Soldato
Here is a better take on it that the vid in the OP, IMO:

I usually don't like his take on things but he nailed it here. The only thing I didn't agree with was when he said that he doesn't mind gender and race swaps because it means they're trying something different and he's tired of the same old thing. That's a stupid argument because we've had nothing but gender and race swaps in the last few years that it's become itself a tired cliche where it's become the same old thing

Man of Honour
I usually don't like his take on things but he nailed it here. The only thing I didn't agree with was when he said that he doesn't mind gender and race swaps because it means they're trying something different and he's tired of the same old thing. That's a stupid argument because we've had nothing but gender and race swaps in the last few years that it's become itself a tired cliche where it's become the same old thing

I think his point was that it’s better to at least have some variety from that than be a wholly bland reboot with no changes at all, which I probably agree with.

Variety is not necessarily good but also not necessarily bad, just opens a different, fresher take… which is something. It should however always be aiming to be good - a change like that can’t carry or justify a show by itself.

Soldato
I personally am looking forward to the next adaption where Rupert the Bear's dad is doing time cos he's a nonce and his mothers turning tricks to pay the bills, which leaves Rupert feeling funny inside about his best friend Bill Badger. My childhood needs to be mined further for crap to ruin.

Back
Top Bottom