Vertical wall-mounted record players.

Associate
Wotcha.

Space is a premium in my house, and I am wondering if you guys have any opinions, insights or experience of wall-mounted record players.

Cheers

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I did watch a vid on that deck. A lot of money for something that appears to have a rather “flexible’ equivalent of a tonearm. If I was a vinyl user, I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole

Last edited:
Soldato
Reason being that we have this marvellously stable and constant force to apply just the right force on a needle tracking a record, called gravity, and doing it any other way would be either incredibly expensive, or awful.

If space is at a premium then you're not going to be able to store a record collection, so seems a bit of a non starter.

Only sensible option really is a wall-mount shelf with as compact a turntable as you can find.

Soldato
Space is at a premium but you want every hour of music to take up 144 square inches of space? And listen through digital speakers?

Don't understand. Just hang some vinyl on the wall and play music off Spotify TBH.

Last edited:
Soldato
Space is at a premium but you want every hour of music to take up 144 square inches of space? And listen through digital speakers?

Don't understand. Just hang some vinyl on the wall and play music off Spotify TBH.

yeah got to be a troll post.

Like "my wife says my apple wireless earbuds are too big any recommendations for smaller less bulky earbuds"

Soldato

I was thinking this myself, with space being an issue vinyl collecting would be at the bottom of my list in terms of hobbyist audio.

It's certainly enjoyable if you have the room for it, set up some nice shelves and create a little old school style hardware shrine. I don't agree with the idea it offers greater fidelity outside of potential mastering availability in newer formats, but the experience/ritual of it all is wonderful. If you need to hang your turntable off the wall due to space limitations you're not going to have the space for the actual media either to any realistic level, it'd be purely for aesthetics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom