VESA ClearMR Certification on new OLEDS

Soldato
Hi OC forum.

I've not been on here for a while but thought I better get back into it,

Anyone had any experience with text clarity on these newer OLEDS like the MSI 49"curved MPG 491CQP with a ClearMR Certification of 8000,Im wanting to get another Oled for work and play but seriously need clarity and clear text,

Man of Honour
Soldato
OP
Hi Baddass, I'm currently on a year old G8 oled which to be honest ain't the best when I'm doing work from home, I've read in a few places that oled is still needing some time to mature, talking of 2nd gen how can you tell from the current samsung odyssey g9 oled 49"curved as that would be my first choice but if I'm going to see a text improvement for less Hz then so be it,

Man of Honour
There’s no relationship here between the refresh rate of the panels and the text clarity thankfully. The text was improved a reasonable amount when moving from the gen 1 34” QDOLED panels to the gen 2 49” panels so you’d see some positive changes there. You’d get even more improvement with the new 32” 4K panels as those also have an increased pixel density, so have you perhaps thought about getting one of those?

Soldato
OP
Morning Baddass, I've had a look and would love to get a 4k Oled but they are just too small. I'm after a 49" so will probably need to wait until next year for that option lol.

Man of Honour
Morning Baddass, I've had a look and would love to get a 4k Oled but they are just too small. I'm after a 49" so will probably need to wait until next year for that option lol.
49” are available now so you could maybe look at the Samsung Odyssey G95SC, or the G93SC which is the same, just without the (rather annoying and crap) smartTV functions :)

Back
Top Bottom