Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I just called VM because my 18 month loyalty discount has ended. I only have M125 Fibre broadband, no TV or anything else.

18 months ago my loyalty discount price started at £25, then went to £27, then recently to £29. As the loyalty discount has now ended, the price is back up to £46. I got them down to £32 but I said I want it below £30. He said he couldn't do it and even his supervisor couldn't reduce it by even another penny. So I cancelled with a 30 day disconnect date of 6th June in the hope they'll call me back and offer me what I want. That's what's always happened with my previous loyalty discounts. I cancelled and then they called me back. I don't know if I'll get lucky this time. He told me that the £32 was already a £22 discount which was £5 more of a discount than my previous loyalty discount. I'll wait to see if they call back and I still have 30 days. But I'll go with £32 if they don't reduce it.

Do you think £32 is fair and I'm being unreasonable?

Associate
I just called VM because my 18 month loyalty discount has ended. I only have M125 Fibre broadband, no TV or anything else.

18 months ago my loyalty discount price started at £25, then went to £27, then recently to £29. As the loyalty discount has now ended, the price is back up to £46. I got them down to £32 but I said I want it below £30. He said he couldn't do it and even his supervisor couldn't reduce it by even another penny. So I cancelled with a 30 day disconnect date of 6th June in the hope they'll call me back and offer me what I want. That's what's always happened with my previous loyalty discounts. I cancelled and then they called me back. I don't know if I'll get lucky this time. He told me that the £32 was already a £22 discount which was £5 more of a discount than my previous loyalty discount. I'll wait to see if they call back and I still have 30 days. But I'll go with £32 if they don't reduce it.

Certainly not unreasonable - seen people getting that for £20/£25.

Man of Honour

I was paying £25 until the increase so now something like £27 for 250mbit (350mbit with Volt) so you should be able to get at least 250mbit for that price which might be a different way of doing it.

Soldato

Mine ended last month , was paying £21 for 125mb + £5 for 02 SIM so £26 this was going upto £40 + after loyalty offer ended

I cancelled the 02 SIM easy to find sim only deals rolling 30 days ported number over

Went into live chat on site best they could offer was £25 250mb

I noticed when logged into my account on virgin site was option for your offers and that was offering 250mb there was option to select not interested and it dropped it down to £24 which I took , I think I maybe could got better deal if I went through with cancellation and hope for retentions to call but was worried I would be without internet

Last edited:
Soldato
I was paying £25 until the increase so now something like £27 for 250mbit (350mbit with Volt) so you should be able to get at least 250mbit for that price which might be a different way of doing it.
Mine ended last month , was paying £21 for 125mb + £5 for 02 SIM so £26 this was going upto £40 + after loyalty offer ended

I cancelled the 02 SIM easy to find sim only deals rolling 30 days ported number over

Went into live chat on site best they could offer was £25 250mb

I noticed when logged into my account on virgin site was option for your offers and that was offering 250mb there was option to select not interested and it dropped it down to £24 which I took , I think I maybe could got better deal if I went through with cancellation and hope for retentions to call but was worried I would be without internet

Well that's even more annoying as 250mb is twice my speed and you're both paying considerably less than me on 125mb. I just received the VM disconnect email saying:

"We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving us on Thu 6 Jun. As a last hurrah, we want to make sure your disconnection is as smooth as possible. You’ll find everything you need to know over on our help page. All that’s left to say is thanks for being a Virgin Media customer. We hope to see you again soon."

I don't know if I should call them back and tell them about other people getting twice the speed for £25 or wait and see if they call me.

Soldato
Well that's even more annoying as 250mb is twice my speed and you're both paying considerably less than me on 125mb. I just received the VM disconnect email saying:

"We’re sorry to hear you’re leaving us on Thu 6 Jun. As a last hurrah, we want to make sure your disconnection is as smooth as possible. You’ll find everything you need to know over on our help page. All that’s left to say is thanks for being a Virgin Media customer. We hope to see you again soon."

I don't know if I should call them back and tell them about other people getting twice the speed for £25 or wait and see if they call me.

When you log into account on virgin website do you see your offers to select ?

On the offers when I logged into my account on site 125 was £23 , and the 250 was £27 I think but when I selected not interested it offered it for £24

I didn't call just used online chat on site best they offered was £25 for 250m and couldn't do anything for 125m

ZiNNtX8.png

Last edited:
Associate

That's just a standard email.

If you don't hear from outbound retentions in about a week, try calling and say you've missed a call.

The number is 020 3743 6947

Soldato
That's just a standard email.

If you don't hear from outbound retentions in about a week, try calling and say you've missed a call.

The number is 020 3743 6947

Excellent, thanks.

On the offers when I logged into my account on site 125 was £23 , and the 250 was £27 I think but when I selected not interested it offered it for £24

I didn't call just used online chat on site best they offered was £25 for 250m and couldn't do anything for 125m

ZiNNtX8.png

Excellent, thank you. I must admit I haven't checked offers to select yet so I'll do that today and see what comes up.

Soldato

ZiNNtX8.png

I just logged in but can't find any offers. Am I clicking on the correct thing? I clicked on 'Change/Upgrade package/Find out more' but just get the option to chat online.
Three thumbnails here to enlarge:

Soldato
I just logged in but can't find any offers. Am I clicking on the correct thing? I clicked on 'Change/Upgrade package/Find out more' but just get the option to chat online.
Three thumbnails here to enlarge:

It could be specific for each customer, I used the desktop site , also try using online chat and send the pic I sent no harm in trying

Soldato
I don't know if I'll get lucky this time. He told me that the £32 was already a £22 discount which was £5 more of a discount than my previous loyalty discount. I'll wait to see if they call back and I still have 30 days. But I'll go with £32 if they don't reduce it.

have you eyed up the competition and rung virgin to say you can get 100Mb at plusnet or sky for ~£25

Soldato
It could be specific for each customer, I used the desktop site , also try using online chat and send the pic I sent no harm in trying

Thanks, I'll try the desktop site and if no different I'll do the online chat and show your screenshot.

have you eyed up the competition and rung virgin to say you can get 100Mb at plusnet or sky for ~£25

I haven't done that although I did say to the person that I'll go with EE who are my mobile phone provider. But yeah, I'll mention more of the competition such as plusnet to whoever I next speak to.

Soldato
Got an email last night from virgin offering Gigabit

Was on 500Mb + basic TV for £31.55

Offered Gigabit + basic TV for £32 a month if i go into a new 18 month deal. Raising to £72 at month 19, but ill wrry about that when it happens

Needless to say i accepted

Soldato
Offered Gigabit + basic TV for £32 a month if i go into a new 18 month deal. Raising to £72 at month 19, but ill wrry about that when it happens
I've just signed up with sky who have the same step function at month 19 ... could just jump ship to plusnet as far as I can see,
maybe getting the timing spot on is problematic.

Soldato
I'm very happy. Didn't do anything else since posting here yesterday, didn't do any online chat and I just got a phone call from retentions. He offered me £22 to continue my current M125 Fibre Broadband or £28 for M250 Broadband. I decided to stay with M125 as I don't do gaming anymore and it's fast enough for my needs. Result! :)

Associate
The my offers page is tempting me with £40.99 for 1 gig a good deal ? I assume a new 18-month contract will apply immediately don't really need the extra download speed, but the increased upload would be useful.

My current deal will end in September, it will increase from £37 to £66 for 500mb.

Go for it or wait and argue the case in 4 month with retentions again.

Man of Honour
The my offers page is tempting me with £40.99 for 1 gig a good deal ? I assume a new 18-month contract will apply immediately don't really need the extra download speed, but the increased upload would be useful.

My current deal will end in September, it will increase from £37 to £66 for 500mb.

Go for it or wait and argue the case in 4 month with retentions again.
I'm not sure if it varies on how much contract you have left (I have about 9 months) but they're offering it on my page for £8 more a month so £35 total.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I'll be leaving Virgin Media. My discount has finished. Discount should have been for 18 months, but on my contract it ends beginning of August, so only 15 month of discount not 18 months.
Bill has gone upto £64 just for broadband 500mb only. I don't have the energy to ring them up. I know you pay a month in advance so hopefuly i can give my 30 day notice soon.

I'll be ordering FTTP as my post code is now live. Just need to make my mind up who i want to order with

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom