Virgin Media Discussion Thread

APM

APM

Associate
I signed a new 12 month contract last November too,that's the one that negated the speed boost they said was going to happen but what a crappy way to operate,saying we'll boost you so you take a new contract then when you take a contract the boost gets wiped out?
I still can't get me head around that one.

Associate
Had mine in since last monday.

No issues with speed or buffering

DL speeds topped at 225mb which I thought was great, though I do seem to settle at 211 in the main (Hard wired)

Wifi wise - I can sit down stairs and get 120 wireless in the lounge, under the office, or 90 odd in the kitchen (weird though cause it's open plan?)

I'm happy though with the bundle - does what I want and gives me what I need :)

Not sure how true it is from them, but I mentioned I do live streaming and online gaming and they said I should mention it if I get any speed issues and they can remove the cap / shaping if it kick's in?

No biggie for me but seem's ok :)

Soldato
I've been a VM customer for a long time NEVER had any issues until I moved house.

Jeez why cant they get anything right. I got a call offering me an upgrade. Which I took,

Then nothing happened. Turns out no room for my landline in the cabinet. Ok then cancel it then until there is. I'm now being charged £76 per month for less than what I was promised at £53 per month.

If I hadn't signed up as a new customer in sept I'd cancel the lot.

Historically VM is a product of many smaller regional cable operators, they inherited some awful stuff, it wasn't uncommon for cab's to be put into service with no consideration for how many people would actually want to take the service and then getting additional capacity online could be problematic on the telco side.

In your case if you've not been provided with the service you agreed to and are paying for then the contract wouldn't normally be enforced - call them and discuss it, at the very least they should agree to place a credit on the account to cover the service you've not had, though normally they prefer to do this once it's resolved rather than have to add multiple smaller credits.

Soldato
How do you go about upgrading to the 200Mb?

when i put my postcode in i get.

Hold on tight
Your speed boost is ready now!
Register or sign in to My Virgin Media to order your upgrade.

But I see no mention of it when i sign in. Any info where it is?

Soldato
Historically VM is a product of many smaller regional cable operators, they inherited some awful stuff, it wasn't uncommon for cab's to be put into service with no consideration for how many people would actually want to take the service and then getting additional capacity online could be problematic on the telco side.

In your case if you've not been provided with the service you agreed to and are paying for then the contract wouldn't normally be enforced - call them and discuss it, at the very least they should agree to place a credit on the account to cover the service you've not had, though normally they prefer to do this once it's resolved rather than have to add multiple smaller credits.

I used to do their disconnects and repossess their boxes back in NTL, Telewest Cable corp days. However I'm 200m away and still in the same cabinet as I have been for the last 10 years. Maybe the issue could be the transition from pits to cabinets round here.

But defo going to speak to them again and if they can give me TV and Phone and 200 BB I'll restart the whole process again.

Soldato
Got my free upgrade to 200mb yesterday , very pleased with it

Hopefully your lucky and at peak times you still get a decent connection.
The offical forums are maxed out with people complaining about peak time speeds. Some people are on a 200mb connection and getting below 20mb.

Mine takes a hit but not too bad, peak time ive seen speeds drop to 120mb on speedtest but normally around 150.

Soldato
ScoobyDoo said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakenNstirred

Got my free upgrade to 200mb yesterday , very pleased with it
IMAGE#1

The offical forums are maxed out with people complaining about peak time speeds. Some people are on a 200mb connection and getting below 20mb.

Mine takes a hit but not too bad, peak time ive seen speeds drop to 120mb on speedtest but normally around 150.

Yeah I'm lucky with that, yes it can slow down but it's still over 100 most of the time when I was on 152 mb

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Associate

I've recently had problems with peak time speeds. I'm on a 152Mbps deal but get peak time speeds of 2-12Mbps. I have reported this and VM says they are adding capacity in my area in late April at the very earliest. Thinking to jump ship - happy to take an overall speed reduction for better consistency.

Soldato
Here we go again more lies from virgin media about the speed upgrade we was told we would get the upgrade December and then March and now i just checked here is our new date.

Your speed boost is coming soon…
We’ll be in touch between April 2016 and June 2016 to tell you when your speed upgrade is ready.

We decided to stay with them for another 12 months as we were told we would get the so called free upgrade but no it was just BS.

Back
Top Bottom