Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Associate
Just got this phone, its a nice handset, one feature i don't like though is the Blue soft home/back/apps buttons.. WHY BLUE? I thought they'd at least make it so you have 2-3 other colours to choose from, but it looks like its non changeable and your stuck with blue..

Someone please tell me i'm wrong. :D

Associate
Had this phone a while and really been very happy, bit slow at times but that is me being impatient!!

Although, I have lost 300 holiday photos.... Was in Hong Kong, all pics were there and we were looking at them on the last day. 2 days back home and 90% of photos are grey blocks and I have no idea if I can recover them. If not then my next phone will have 32gb internal storage and the SD card can hold music only as well as I might pay for google photo storage.

The new smart ultra 7 is not worth the upgrade.

My opinion and rant lol. But it is the best budget phone!

Associate
Its only recently started happening. Screen has had a slight crack for ages so I'm ruling that out. Only thing the bothers me is when you hold it direct light, it looks like you can almost see the glue all around the edge of screen or something which makes me think its bust. I'll try and get a photo of it later and will give one of the apps a go

Only just seen this - but I have exactly the same issue - a fuzzy outline round the edge of the screen - like glue or de-lamination.

It's with Vodafone now, so will let you know what they say

Soldato
I've got a vodafone smart ultra 6 and I've tried to unlock it but when I put a different sim in it doesn't ask for an unlock code

Associate
Could well be - I've just had a note confirming the screen has been replaced and the phone is on it's way back to the store - so fingers crossed!

Its tolerable indoors but outside in the sun, the screen looks like some old picture with fuzzy borders.

I opted for a refund. Needless to say, I didn't purchase from Voda.

A SU6 user post on another forum says that this is a common problem in hot countries... I guess I don't trust the screen to go again next time we have a hot spell. I am convinced that mine went whilst on holiday in the 30+ degree heat.

Associate
Its tolerable indoors but outside in the sun, the screen looks like some old picture with fuzzy borders.

I opted for a refund. Needless to say, I didn't purchase from Voda.

A SU6 user post on another forum says that this is a common problem in hot countries... I guess I don't trust the screen to go again next time we have a hot spell. I am convinced that mine went whilst on holiday in the 30+ degree heat.

Can you share a link? I did try and search for the issue before I sent it off but didn't find anything.

I've had mine since last September - so no chance of a refund initially. Will collate some info in case it happens again though!

Associate
Can you share a link? I did try and search for the issue before I sent it off but didn't find anything.

I've had mine since last September - so no chance of a refund initially. Will collate some info in case it happens again though!

Try xda

Funny the one on shop display I saw today has a nearly
1cm frosted edge around the screen. If this starts appearing then I think it just gets worse

Soldato
Yeah my display has gone iffy again with the E/S/Z/, keys so I'm gonna pop in to Vodafone later to get it sorted. Just realised I don't have the original SIM on me, can I get away taking it in without one and saying 'err please fix this?'

Soldato
Only just seen this - but I have exactly the same issue - a fuzzy outline round the edge of the screen - like glue or de-lamination.

It's with Vodafone now, so will let you know what they say

Good to see you got yours fixed. Amazon said they will refund me due to no stock but I still haven't returned it yet because Pokémon Go....
Typing is a nightmare and now certain letters take several attempts like h and b and the only button that works on the bottom is the home button.....need to return it :D

Is there another phone of a similar / better spec and price I could look for? Not sure if I would trust another one of these..

Associate
Good to see you got yours fixed. Amazon said they will refund me due to no stock but I still haven't returned it yet because Pokémon Go....
Typing is a nightmare and now certain letters take several attempts like h and b and the only button that works on the bottom is the home button.....need to return it :D

Is there another phone of a similar / better spec and price I could look for? Not sure if I would trust another one of these..

How do you do Pokemon with no gyro? Must be a bit tricky.

Soldato
Vodafone and Facebook are aware of the issue and advise to uninstall just now. There will be a new update to Facebook soon to fix.

It effects all Vodafone branded handsets apparently.

Back
Top Bottom