VR Gloves (NOT haptic)

Soldato
I'm planning to get into DCS in VR, initially to have a play with the Warthog. I managed to pick up the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog controllers and noticed that the Warthog DLC has glove support. Ideally I would like to play using VR, the Stick/throttle combo, and my hands. I'm not fussed about feedback (and not willing to spend thousands of pounds on the haptic gloves), so is there a simple golve solution that simply allows me to see my hands in VR, and interact with the cockpit with them? I'm using the Rift S at the moment.

Associate
There is/will be this

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Options that I’m aware of:
- DCS does support Captoglove for their clickable cockpit aircraft. They’re not cheap and the reviews I’ve read weren’t that positive
- some VR headsets include hand tracking (eg the quest pro), I don’t remember the Rift S having that. I’ve tried the hand tracking and preferred using a mouse

Soldato
OP
I really like that homebrew pointctrl, especially at that price. You weren't kidding about the price on the Captoglove - way beyond the price I'm looking for. I have found a few home build options which might make amusing projects - or I'll wait for the Quest Pro to come down in price and grab one second hand.

Soldato
OP
I've picked up a Quest 3, which has pretty decent hand tracking built into it. Has anyone tried it in DCS? Be nice to be able to interact with the cockpit without having to pick up a controller. That said, the HOTAS setup seem to have everything needed on stick and throttle, so I guess if I can find it all blind I might not need anything else.

Soldato
OP
I had stumbled across those, and will probably have a go at some point. The biggest issue (of the long shopping list of issues) is the bulk - they really are an either/or with any other sort of controller. Using the HOTAS, they will just be in the way unfortunately. I've seen a few ideas that all have the same issue (strapping the VR controller to the back of your off hand, so you can grab it when needed was one, but again - you then have a bulky controller swinging around.) I do love thse ghetto gloves though - can definitey see those in my future, and I needed a project for the new printer :)

Soldato
working on a v5 which will be smaller and less bulky. sort of gave an idea of size near the end for about 20secs around 15:20
but prob wont be seen untill some time next year at a guess. given this is 18months old or so

Back
Top Bottom