Waiting time to see a doctor at your surgery...

Soldato
Frankly I think it's pathetic! Last two times I've booked, 8 days and 7 days!

When I go to the surgery next week I'm going to complain. It's ridiculous! Basically I suspect more people are trying to book than can be seen, with a good number of people phoning up, hearing it's a week+ wait, and just saying 'don't bother!'

Stop being such a knob, if it was something serious then goto A&E and wait.

KaHn

Permabanned
You cannot book in advance at my doctors, you have to phone at 8am to get an appointment for that day, if there are no appointments left you try again the next day, but I have never not got an appointment for the first day.

This is similar to our local health centre, except they do seperate morning/afternoon appointments. If you want a morning appointment you have to ring on the day at 8am, if you want an afternoon appointment then you have to ring after 1pm. It's a bit of a lottery as to whether you will get through in time, like in the winter when everyone has flu. The other annoying thing is that everyone seems to go for the same doctor as me, I assume because he's such a nice guy and a good doctor. There used to be a real grumpy old git who you could always guarantee the receptions would try to get you to see first as I assume no one wanted to see him! :D

Soldato
Local surgery = nearly always the same day, the main problem with long waiting lists is people going to the surgery for every minor ailment.

edit: Our surgery has a policy of removing people from their register if they miss more than 2 appointments without contacting them to cancel within 24 hours, it works well.

Associate
had really bad sinus pains (and headache) for a week and a half. I booked rang up to book an appointment and had to wait a week. By the time I went to see my doctor, my sinus pains had gone!

thus proving that you didn't need to see the doctor anyway. You just needed to give it a little more time, as would have been suggested had you got to see the doctor when you first tried!

Permabanned
lol I had to get an appointment for my liver because they took lots of blood checking for different things because I was really ill but im going back this thursday but thats me been waiting for just over a month to get an appointment for that.

I also have another appointment at the hospital but the only date I could get was 4 months down the line lol.

Soldato
OP
Stop being such a knob, if it was something serious then goto A&E and wait.

KaHn

Did I suggest my arm was falling off? Did I suggest my heart has stopped beating? Was there the slightest suggestion I'm not intelligent enough to realise what merits going to A&E, or just needs a chat with a GP? Didn't think so... Stop being a truncheon!

Soldato
Did I suggest my arm was falling off? Did I suggest my heart has stopped beating? Was there the slightest suggestion I'm not intelligent enough to realise what merits going to A&E, or just needs a chat with a GP? Didn't think so... Stop being a truncheon!

Well why complain that you have to wait to see someone who probably has more important things to do than tell you why your itchy under your arm or something else as trivial as that.

Yet you want to complain to a nurse/doctor/secretary who has no control over the waiting list to make your self feel better.

Just grow some balls and get on with your life and stop worrying about how long you must wait to see a doctor.

KaHn

Soldato
OP
thus proving that you didn't need to see the doctor anyway. You just needed to give it a little more time, as would have been suggested had you got to see the doctor when you first tried!

Possibly, but:-
1) Maybe the doctor could have prescribed something to ease the pain.
2) In the case of my friend who had bad headaches for a day or two, asked to see the doctor and got an appointment that day - It meant the brain tumour they diagnosed was being scanned that afternoon and was not ignored until a week (or more) later as might have been the case.

Soldato
OP
Well why complain that you have to wait to see someone who probably has more important things to do than tell you why your itchy under your arm or something else as trivial as that.

Yet you want to complain to a nurse/doctor/secretary who has no control over the waiting list to make your self feel better.

Just grow some balls and get on with your life and stop worrying about how long you must wait to see a doctor.

KaHn

Goodness me - Having a bad day are we...? :)

You have no idea of my condition, yet are willing to tell me to first of all to go to A&E? But now change your tact and tell me my condition is insignificant (trivial) and not to even bother the doctor with it.

Did I say who I was going to complain to? Did you consider I might ask at the surgery who to complain to? Or that not logical enough?

Grow some balls? Again, you have no idea what my condition is, and surely 'growing balls' is about doing something, like maybe looking into complaining? Rather than being an internet warrior like yourself who just appears to be sticking an oar into a thread to stir it up.

Suggestion, just grow some balls and get on with your life and stop being a class (a) nonse!

Last edited:
Soldato
If your problem is not trivial go to A&E if it warrents being seen the same day, if not put up with it untill you can be seen by a GP.

From your comments you seem to think its the fault of the surgary that you are not seen the same day.

As I've said before grow some balls if you are in pain go and wait at A&E if not wait at home untill you can see your GP and get on with your life.

The 3rd option is to go private.

KaHn

Soldato
Two weeks minumum at my surgery. I don't bother any more because by the time I'm at the docs I've already got better/found some illegal black market drug to make it go away.

Soldato
If your problem is not trivial go to A&E if it warrents being seen the same day, if not put up with it untill you can be seen by a GP.

From your comments you seem to think its the fault of the surgary that you are not seen the same day.

As I've said before grow some balls if you are in pain go and wait at A&E if not wait at home untill you can see your GP and get on with your life.

What would you consider trivial? The way you put it across, there isn't any need for doctors surgeries. You either man it out or go to A&E??

It IS the surgery's fault, they are over-subscribed money grabbing ****s, do what dentists do - once they reach a certain quota they just say no.

Soldato
What would you consider trivial? The way you put it across, there isn't any need for doctors surgeries. You either man it out or go to A&E??

It IS the surgery's fault, they are over-subscribed money grabbing ****s, do what dentists do - once they reach a certain quota they just say no.

Trivial is pretty much everything which doesn't require prescribed medicine or presistant pain.

Things like ankle sprains, cold, flu, coughs, majority of head aches which last less than 24hrs.

Also since when does a GP set the amount of people who can attend? Each are given a catchment area which will cover a set number, this is given by the goverment and they have an obligation to see anyone in that area.

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom