Want a cheap tablet with a decent pen; maybe a Lenovo Tab M11?

Caporegime
I've been contemplating getting a tablet for the first time. Mostly going to be using it for web-surfing, occasional streaming, and the like. But I'd also like to have a usable pen, for taking notes and doodling sketches. The Samsung S9 FE seems to be the cheapest option with a really good pen, but I don't want to spend €500 on something I don't really know whether I'll use all that much; and the cheaper A9+ doesn't support the S-Pen (correct me if I'm wrong about that). There's also the S6 lite but it seems to get pretty mediocre reviews with people complaining about it being unresponsive.

So after poking around I found the Lenovo Tab M11 which I can get with a pen and folio for €230. Seems to be decent enough, but reports say the pen isn't up there with the S-pen or apple pen. I wondered whether anyone here has one, and how they've found it?

Also interested in recommendations for other tablets with a reasonable pen in the same sort of ballpark price?

Soldato
I've been contemplating getting a tablet for the first time. Mostly going to be using it for web-surfing, occasional streaming, and the like. But I'd also like to have a usable pen, for taking notes and doodling sketches. The Samsung S9 FE seems to be the cheapest option with a really good pen, but I don't want to spend €500 on something I don't really know whether I'll use all that much; and the cheaper A9+ doesn't support the S-Pen (correct me if I'm wrong about that). There's also the S6 lite but it seems to get pretty mediocre reviews with people complaining about it being unresponsive.

So after poking around I found the Lenovo Tab M11 which I can get with a pen and folio for €230. Seems to be decent enough, but reports say the pen isn't up there with the S-pen or apple pen. I wondered whether anyone here has one, and how they've found it?

Also interested in recommendations for other tablets with a reasonable pen in the same sort of ballpark price?
I guess you mean the s9fe+? As the s9fe is £389, or cheaper if you have a trade in..

Caporegime
OP
I guess you mean the s9fe+? As the s9fe is £389, or cheaper if you have a trade in..

No, I meant the s9fe. That was the price from Samsung, but they throw in a free upgrade to the 256Gb version, and a quick glance was only about 20 less. Looking around now I can find it for €440 but that's still more than I'm inclined to spend.

Associate
I've used the following.

S6 lite 2022 version, s7 fe and the s8 ultra.

The s7 fe has a better screen than the new a9 series and anything not an oled.

You can probably grab one from cex for about 250. Make sure its the WiFi only model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom