Soldato
OP
Rig 2

rig2a.jpg

See more
here

Associate
Heres some shots of my humble setup :D

Its a chieftec blue dragon, and runs a 19+22+19 tri monitor config of Mitsubishi Diamontron tubed CRT's. The 120mm rad fan(which doubles as a case cooling fan) and rad are mounted to rear of case. I decided i didnt want to sacrafice 2 drive bays when i isntalled the watercooling to put it out the top (used to have 3 optical drives in there, only 2 now though), or have a seperate radbox, so the back of the case seemed like a good place to go> just the small issue that I just had to make the rad and a 120mm fan fit there, ala Antec's new Sonata case but without the extra width they added. If youve got a chieftec type case, take a ruler out and measure the distance from the mobo header to the handle, hehe :eek:

I cut out a section of the back panel and made a new custom panel extending from the side of the case right to the mobo header which allows fixing of the 120mm fan internally and the rad externally. The plate is secured with 3 screws and when these and the waterblock are undone the panel can be pulled out through the case so the whole shebang can just be lifted straight out in a oner despite the 'external' rad.

z17.jpg

z8.jpg

z1.jpg

Few more as links:
http://homepages.strath.ac.uk/~lau01117/case/z14.jpg
http://homepages.strath.ac.uk/~lau01117/case/z15.jpg
http://homepages.strath.ac.uk/~lau01117/case/z16.jpg

Associate
Well ive finaly got around to taking some pics!

PC in situe:
mysystem01.jpg

PC from side:
mysystem02.jpg

Close up:
mysystem03.jpg

Cascade
Hydor L30
Passive car rad
ClearFlex 60

XP2500+ @ 2.4Ghz (209X11.5) - 2.6Ghz for benchies
1Gb Twinmos w/winbond 8-3-3-2
Abit NF7-S
Rad 8500

Temps:- 45C MAX load (12hours Prime)

Soon to be watercooling the Gfx (rad9700Pro) and NB too and will be making a manifold to go on the back-top fan mount to let the tubes in and out neetly, then i can put the side back on!

Also will be adding another passive rad in paralel (already have) to cope with the extra heat output from the Gfx and NB

The manifold should look something like this:
manifold.jpg

Associate
Well, I was building this system for my brother but liked it so much that I watercooled it and kept it myself.....I have since built him a replacement :eek:

sonata.jpg

Close up here.

Getting any form of watercooling into an Antec Sonata case is a nightmare but luckily Antec decided to use a 120mm rear exhaust....useful for mounting my Thermochill HE120.1 rad. I am using a Hydor L30 pump, 1/2" ID Tygon all round and a Swiftech MCW5000 CPU block with a Swiftech MCW50 GPU block. Case temp under full load is 29C and CPU temp is 39C (2x Folding@Home clients).

System specs:

Asus P4C800E Deluxe
P4C 2.8 @ 3.5GHz
1GB Corsair XMS4000 Pro (1:1)
Radeon 9700 Pro
2x WD Raptors (RAID0)
1x 250GB Maxtor (Music and pr0n)
etc

Man of Honour
I managed to cram everything into my 101. I've still to cut a hole in the I/O panel for the power lead of my Hydor to escape from and I've still to tidy up the psu cables and rearrange the rad but other than that it's working a treat. 3.6ghz stable at approx 25 degrees idle.

water.jpg

Soldato
woohoo... i finaly got the guts to install my watercooling gear in my A64!

Id found a way of using an A64 hold down device for my Socket A waterblocks and it works great, i couldnt use my best block (ocpc atlantis) due to it being too high for the lengh screws i had, so instead i used a Maze2-1 i had lying around. Anyway:

watercooled-a64.jpg

quality use of boxes id say ;)

watercooled-a64-closeup.jpg

Note the hold down is upsidedown, and is used to push the waterblock down onto the cpu. It was rather hard to attach this way. Hope to get a real A64 block soon, or a better way of attaching a waterblock...

CPU temp 32c
Sys temp 32c
room temp 22

rather messy id say...infact, i might remove it right now... although its a lot better than my Barton setup i had before.

Another Question is why?
Why watercool when my A64 rig hits a brick wall at 210fsb?
Why watercool it when the standard cooler cools it to 40c?

back to air i guess, untill some overclockable A64 boards come out :(

I wish the UK had some good A64 coolers... :(

Soldato
My Lian-Li pc-75.

Danger den waterblock, dangerden chipset block, dangerden GPU Block,

Thermochill 120.2 with custom sprayed fan shrouds. Using 1 Red Galaxy 120mm LED fan & Galaxy Blue 120mm Fan, with Heatkiller 120.2 Fan Grills

6" of dangerden clearlex tubing

2 X White, 2 X Blue, 2 X Red Coolmaster LED Fans

2 X UV Sunbeam Cathodes

1 X Blue Sunbeam Cathodes

1X Red Sunbeam Cathodes

Sunbeam UV Laser LED.

Matrix Oribital MX222 LCD Display

Coolermaster aerogate 2 fan controller.

Hope You Like!!!!!

Westie-DSC000545.JPG

Westie-DSC000480.JPG

Westie-DSC000490.JPG

Soldato
Originally posted by MTA99
Hi,

Use a jubilee clip to squeeze the tube back into shape. I'd take a pic of mine but digi cams battery is dead.

Cheers

That's what I've done as well.
Here's a pic:

YooEntSinMeROYT-PC_side_view_subdued.JPG

You can just make out that the output from the gpu to the n/b has a clip on it & the output from the n/b to the res has a clip on it too. The connection to the Eheim pump inlet also has a clip on it.
Seem to do the job quite nicely. I'm using all four barbs on my bayres, using y-splitters (2xinput 2xoutput) to try & maximise flow. However another reason for it was to get rid of the stoppers for the spare inlet/outlets. As they're sub-standard & leaked quite easily. I'm happy with the final result. ;)

Soldato
Just finished my WC setup.

Components are....

D-Tek LRWW Alu top.
Tygon tubing
DD Maze 4 GPU
Thermochill 120:1 Rad
Eheim 1250 pump.

Specs...

AMD XP2500-M - IQYHA 0351MPMW
NF7-S v2.0
1GB OCZ PC3200 EL