We happy few.

Soldato
Performance for me is awful and I have a 1080ti which should be absoloutely ripping through this game at this graphic quality, did they not even think about testing the final launch. Dissapointed to say the least and now it's the weekend so I'm guessing nothing will happen till Monday.

Word from the devs on the official forum is they are working on it as high priority.

Soldato
Damn :( I am as disappointed as anybody really - Was rooting for this to be awesome, but I'm only hearing negatives from online at the moment :(

Soldato
I just find it utterly bizarre, I'm getting 20fps outside on this game from something which looks no better really than Bioshock, not that that matters I'm in this for the setting and story. Honestly they've had so much time to relaunch and get this right.

Soldato
I just find it utterly bizarre, I'm getting 20fps outside on this game from something which looks no better really than Bioshock, not that that matters I'm in this for the setting and story. Honestly they've had so much time to relaunch and get this right.

Yeah that is massively disappointing to hear :( A 1080Ti ought to handle a game like We Happy Few :(

jpm

jpm

Associate
I just find it utterly bizarre, I'm getting 20fps outside on this game from something which looks no better really than Bioshock, not that that matters I'm in this for the setting and story. Honestly they've had so much time to relaunch and get this right

I agree, the setting and story is good, even the little bit I've played but the performance totally ruined it for me :(

Soldato
Guys ignore me, for some reason my CPU was throttling to 1.35Ghz which I never even noticed, seems to be after I pushed my overclock, now I've dropped my overclock the games flying, there is still a performance drop outside but now my game is going from about 100FPS to 50 when outside, so now playable

Soldato
The devs have stated that the game is heavily CPU dependant so I guess that explains why it was tanking for me. Seems they need to do some work to off load more onto the GPU?

Soldato
This is available from Voidu for £22.66 when you use discount code SUMMER18. I have it in the cart but haven't pushed the button yet. I do pre-order the odd game but it's usually in a franchise that I'm a fan of or I have a gut feeling it will be good. Absent that usual certainty for this game, I'm not sure whether to pull the trigger or not? Have we seen enough of the complete game to draw a conclusion on this yet?
This is still available at this price guys. I just bit the bullet and purchased it although it did cost almost £24 using Paypal as it put the transaction through in Euros then converted it to pounds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played for two hours tonight heres some quick thoughts.

1. Great main character, love the little comments he makes to himself.
2. Great story characters all with added british humour.
3. Visuals are like Bioshock V2
4. Performance at Ultra 4k is anywhere between 45 to 100 FPS I reckon the devs can squeeze more out of the game
5. Fist fights and fights with weapons feel weighty, audio seems good.

Overall I feel their asking price is a little too much but it isn't far off. This is a 30 quid game all day long and a 23 quid game every day of the week, see above for the link to the cheap key.

I'm up early in the morning otherwise I could have seen myself losing another 3 hours into the game

Summary :

If you like Bioshock buy the game you won't be dissapointed, never did I think we would see a Bioshock-esque game again and this delivered what I wanted on that front.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If you like Bioshock buy the game you won't be dissapointed, never did I think we would see a Bioshock-esque game again and this delivered what I wanted on that front.
It might look like bioshock but plays nothing like it.

I also have a 1080ti running at 3440 and my cpu was firing on all cylinders. Hoping to see a fix for it as it is nowhere near acceptable in its current state. It wasn't just poor framerates, it was giant hitches that made me feel as if g-sync wasn't active.

jpm

jpm

Associate
I also have a 1080ti running at 3440 and my cpu was firing on all cylinders. Hoping to see a fix for it as it is nowhere near acceptable in its current state. It wasn't just poor framerates, it was giant hitches that made me feel as if g-sync wasn't active.

Someone asked about the high cpu usage and low framerate on their Twitter and they said they're working on a patch to fix it.

Soldato
Put a few hours into this yesterday and today. It's not quite the game I was hoping for unfortunately, after buying it on a complete impulse after watching a few vids in this thread. An unpolished and inferior cross between bioshock infinite and the first dishonored game is how I can best sum it up.

It also does have odd and inconsistent performance issues. I'm playing at 3440x1440 with a 1080Ti and 5930k (6 core 12 thread i7 CPU at 4.4) so my rig is no slouch. The framerate will be great a lot of the time (90-100fps) but will tank right down into the low 40's quite often once you get into the 'garden' bits and towards the train station.

Feel a little bit deflated by it really. Can't quite put my finger on why exactly, just feels like a really great concept wrapped in slightly clunky design and engine (though it's Unreal 4 so it shouldn't be).

Soldato
Word of warning to anyone considering buying the game and currently reading reviews; avoid PC Gamer. Their review contains what seems to be a rather significant spoiler.

Soldato
Put a few hours into this yesterday and today. It's not quite the game I was hoping for unfortunately, after buying it on a complete impulse after watching a few vids in this thread. An unpolished and inferior cross between bioshock infinite and the first dishonored game is how I can best sum it up.

It also does have odd and inconsistent performance issues. I'm playing at 3440x1440 with a 1080Ti and 5930k (6 core 12 thread i7 CPU at 4.4) so my rig is no slouch. The framerate will be great a lot of the time (90-100fps) but will tank right down into the low 40's quite often once you get into the 'garden' bits and towards the train station.

Feel a little bit deflated by it really. Can't quite put my finger on why exactly, just feels like a really great concept wrapped in slightly clunky design and engine (though it's Unreal 4 so it shouldn't be).

Best way to describe it. Let’s hope they continue to improve it and then work towards the next one, the story and idea is superb but still needs work.

Back
Top Bottom