What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
End of an era for me this week, donating my setup to the wife (who has sorely needed and upgrade for a while), after which, laptop only workstation for me. Gaming has become almost unbearable for me over the years and last year was the final nail in an already overly secured coffin with dozens and dozens of nails.

I guess I became sick of essentially apple bobbing with $50+ each time I wanted to try a game, only to discover the bucket is full of acid rotting the apples. A few rare good apples amongst there, but it's a cess pit of **** at this point.

I'll pickup titles on the PS5 here and there, but it was a good run. o7

Last edited:
Soldato
Having just turned 30, it's still RDR2 with Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's Gate 3 and Mass effect trilogy lined up behind.

Call of Duty - Black Ops campaign - that was quite fun considering its age, wish the graphics were better but still had fun from start till finish, some really decent story as well.
MASON!

Then you get onto Bo2 and it's MENENDEZ!

Associate
Only ever played halo 1 and 2 on release so decided to work my way through the collection on gamepass before it runs out next month. Currently on halo 4, been pretty enjoyable if not a bit basic and repetitive but these are old games.

Associate
Just started Final Fantasy X / X2 Remaster. All at 4K with updated audio.

It’s also nice how they used to design games to be story focussed, and led you from one part to another without leaving you to wonder or lose sight.

Soldato
Call of Duty: WWII (2017) - oh man, this game is so well made. Probably the best WW2 game I have ever played. I might replay some of the original CoD because of this game eventually, it's been a long time and those games have probably aged a lot by now.

Soldato
Still playing red dead redemption 2 from about 5 weeks ago. Still enjoying it, I'm on chapter 3, don't know how many the game has but the story seems to be progressing well.

Crusader kings 3 released a new dlc with diseases and legends. Managed to get a achievement tonight by getting my legitimacy to max. Only 1% of crusader kings players have it.

Soldato
Still playing red dead redemption 2 from about 5 weeks ago. Still enjoying it, I'm on chapter 3, don't know how many the game has but the story seems to be progressing well.

Crusader kings 3 released a new dlc with diseases and legends. Managed to get a achievement tonight by getting my legitimacy to max. Only 1% of crusader kings players have it.

CK3 is an example of a game that sounds so appealing to me but when I think about having to learn how to play it I CBA.

Same with Stellaris but that appeals more as I prefer space setting. Actually, probably any 4x grand strategy game.

Last edited:
Associate
CK3 is an example of a game that sounds so appealing to me but when I think about having to learn how to play it I CBA.

Same with Stellaris but that appeals more as I prefer space setting. Actually, probably any 4x grand strategy game.
I’m the same and id also add Hearts of Iron to that list as well.

Associate
Way, way, way past 30!

Currently enjoying Last Epoch and Baldur's Gate 3. Just at the end of act 1 in BG3, so I reckon that'll keep me going for quite a while yet. LE I only play when my mates are on too.

Back
Top Bottom