What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
Really enjoying Helldivers 2 tbh. I only play about an hour a night but it's a lot of fun.

If you are struggling to find a group to play with I'd suggest discord, I play with a group of 40/50 year olds with the odd child like 20/30 year old to baby sit.. we don't take it mega seriously though which is why randoms may not enjoy our nonsense :)

Randomly "having an accident" is unfortunately a regular occurance due to poor grenade handling practices.

Associate
Balatro!

Generally avoid deck builders but I do enjoy seeing the numbers go up! Also being able to pause and pick back up so easily is nice when you reach my age...

Soldato
Valorant (must be one of the oldest players on there) and Lethal Company.

Plus the bi-weekly retro arcade high score game on MAME. This time it is Moon Cresta which I have very fond memories of playing in the early 80s.

Last edited:
Associate
Find myself playing EAFC with rtx hdr working again nicely the stadiums people would pick just to annoy you due to the shadow contrast is not an issue for me now just a nice perfect view into what used to be darkness and crushed blacks.

Playing COD MW3 and Battlefield 2042 again after a 2 months without them.

Was planning on picking up Dragons Dogma and Horizon but I'll save those for maybe the summer time if I end up dropping to 3 days a week for work. I'll smash those sort of time dedication rampage for then.

Soldato
Just finished the Frozen Wilds DLC for HZD. Nice little add on and glad I did it after the main game and not during as it really ramps your weapons up.

Next up I think will be Evil West. Looks fun.

Oh and PS - 47 year old here.

Associate
Caved in and bought Helldivers 2, it's not usually my type of game but a few friends have been playing/talking about it so I joined in with them. Been fun so far but we're not playing with randoms

Soldato
Umm ok so what has turned into a bit of a guilty pleasure

Got it for a quid from Fanatical. Tend to finish work and have a cheeky half hour or so.

So glad I bought a new graphics card :D

Associate
While still buying games I don't seem to have time to play, I'm also trying to clear some backlog and revisit games that didn't hit at the time I originally played them. Currently playing the first Dishonored - third time I've tried it, but first time it's clicked for me. Don't think I'm too far from the end now and have picked up the DLC for next to nothing to see what the fuss was about :p

Soldato
As previously stated, I'm now enjoying older games with hardware that can do it justice, so currently...

Cyberpunk on the "big rig".
Modded Skyrim on the gaming laptop (sweet, sweet nostalgia)
Shadow of War for the odd couch potato on the big screen

I can't see that list changing for a while, even though the Steam wishlist is growing steadily, by the time I get round to buying these I'll be on a 9900XT... :eek:

gmoJcjr.png

0huOjSi.png

y2n5fq7.png

Soldato
Picked up Balatro on Friday and got to say it’s quite great. Did have to tear myself away to go back to Dysmantle. Even though Dysmantle isn’t a world changing game, I’m enjoying playing it for some brain off gaming.

Associate
Dragon's Dogma 2. Really enjoying the game, I was going to hold off buying it because it has performance issues and my spec isn't the best (5900X / 3060 Ti) but I couldn't resist. Hope they can improve performance a bit in future patches though

Back
Top Bottom