• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do gamers actually think about Ray-Tracing?

Caporegime
Well depends how you view it, it can be viewed as a feature such as FSR 3 and DLSS 3/FG is viewed as a feature. Essentially the FSR 3 code is injected/modded into the game via copy and pasting 2 files. You can also use FSR 3 "officially" i.e. no need for you to do anything except enable it in game but then you are limited to FSR upscaling.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
@D3K It is a mod, and he stated he was using mod. He has a 3080, so you need add a mod to get frame gen to work, unless something has changed lately @Nexus18?

My argument is that if you need to find a mod for something, the majority of purchasers will not be aware of it - therefore they will believe that RT has a bigger impact on their card than in necessarily would otherwise. It makes the perception of the performance impact bigger than it needs to be for a wider range of cards.
I believe he was referring to frame generation which is a setting, not a mod.
Think of it as frame interpolation, but done well and in real time i.e. no lm severe latency like on tvs which smooth out the media

Associate
Some games just don’t benefit from RT, recent patch for D4 enabled RT and tanks my FPS on a 4090 (using DLAA) for no perceptual improvement in GFX. I need to enable FrameGen to bring the FPS back up, so I just disable on RT in D4 as it offers no benefit.

CP2077 on the other hand benefits so much from RT and look looks glorious in motion and really adds to the experience of playing the game.
This is true, your mileage may vary.

But no doubt that CP2077 looks amazing with full path tracing. And with DLSS and FG working so well in this title, you can run it that way. Doesn't matter how you get there as per my point in a previous post, as long as you get there.

Associate
Yesterday was beautiful weather was out on the motorbike for about 5 hours :)

And i left the bike parked outside last night as i was not expecting it to of rained last night or this morning :(:mad:
I was so ready to go for a decent ride myself last week... But realised the MOT expired just as I was suiting up! Missed the best weather of the year...

Back
Top Bottom