• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

what gpu so i go for

Associate
need a gpu for around £100 used what should i be looking at
i was thinking gtx1070-1080 or are they to old for my sons first pc he plays mainly fortnight on his Xbox the pc will have a i5 10th gen and 32gig ram

Soldato
I'd look at a 1660S or TI for that sort of money, around 1070 performance but a little newer so better support and hopefully more shelf life.

You might be able to find a second hand AMD 6600 or 5700(XT) if you can stretch/are lucky and those would be a good deal faster.

Just be wary of anything that might have been mined on, and make sure his PSU is up to snuff.

Have a look on the members market, you might luck out and can always put in a request, you'll generally get much better and safer deals compared to somewhere like Ebay/Facebook MP.

Last edited:
Soldato
It would be worth pushing your budget even another £50 imho. It'll increase the time required before you need to upgrade again. He's likely to broaden his horizons a bit when playing on pc.

Back
Top Bottom