What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I took my DS3 in for some TLC over the weekend. It should be about 208BHP, but I've noticed it wasn't feeling quite as spritely recently. The initial run on the rollers was showing about 194, so was a little bit down on power. Got it all sorted and given a tweak and it's now over 230! Really pleased with the results as it feels back to it's old self but also feels like it's not having to work as hard for the same punch.

00wE5Ikl.png

Soldato
Some light modding today. The GR86 has the same differential mounting setup as it's predecessor, and the same soft bushings, which can result in the differential rocking back/forwards quite substantially (see below video) when coming on/off throttle quickly, which makes for a rather 'rubber band' feeling throttle response.

I've just fitted some Whiteline differential bush inserts - they don't replace the bush entirely, they just fill the void in the OEM rubber bush. Fairly cheap, and quick/easy to install, and fully reversible, so I gave them a try.
Pleased with the results so far - not completely transformative, but tightens up the feel of the car, and makes throttle response feel better on hard pull aways or sharp manipulation of throttle in lower gears. And no noticeable increase in NVH that I can detect. Awesome :)

Soldato
Trying to sell it. I hate selling cars. Is it normal for people to offer £2k less than the advertised price?! And to base their offer at £x amount above the WBAC price? Idiots!

Back
Top Bottom