What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
GOPR0072.jpg

Fettled with those rear arches to get it to not scrub. They were flat, but are now flared. I haven't had a chance to see if it worked, but I sat and admired the view of both cares and the fitment right there.

Soldato
More Citroen C1 love -
  • Rear brake time, new drums, shoes, spring kits, cylinders and a brake fluid refresh. Just needs the handbrake cables looking at to finish off the job once the brakes have bedded in a little.

• Correcting a Spark Plug screw-up which was effecting MPG. I thought I changed the plugs from OEM to Denso IKH16TT at the beginning of the year (or maybe the end of last year?) but OpieOils had actually sent the wrong Part No plugs as they sent IK16TT plugs instead (I just found out today) which have an obvious 8mm shorter threaded portion (vs OEM), and I think the shorter ones had messed about with the fuelling (1.03 lambda reading instead of 1.00), so not burning efficiently as the spark was in the wrong place. My MPG had dropped about 10mpg (to 45mpg) since the swap but, as it was done during a big service & exhaust/lambda probe swap etc, I wasn't sure what one thing had caused the issue. TBH I hadn't noticed the different plug length at the time as I was chatting with someone working on their car next to mine (distractions!) and after checking everything else out I finally popped out a plug this morning and found out that, despite ordering the correct parts, Opie had sent the wrong ones and I just hadn't checked thoroughly enough when I was fitting them. Anyway, new OEM plugs fitted and now I just need to see if that cures the MPG issue.

• Headlight bulbs - I swapped back in the H4 halogen bulbs for the MOT and they are still dog-turd so, post MOT, I swapped back to the H4 projector LED bulbs which are specifically designed to work with projector headlights and not blind everyone, and I can see at night again.

Associate
I had two new Goodyear Eagle F1A6s fitted to the E92 this morning. Hoped to be able to take the car for a Hunter wheel alignment at the only place around here that does decent alignments, but it was packed, and I was told to try in the week. Tempted to park the car for a week (use the E46) and then be stood outside their front door next Saturday morning when they open because I don't fancy booking half a day off work just to find out they are also busy then.

I fitted two new Bilstein shocks and top mounts to the E92 earlier in the week, so now there isn't much left on the front suspension that isn't new. I don't fancy scrubbing the insides of F1A6s off like the PS4S' they replaced so the car can stay parked until it has been aligned properly.

Next up is rear shocks as one was an MOT advisory and then some Goodyears for the back so I can finally get rid of the Triangles the dealer fitted just before I bought the car. To be fair they haven't put me in a ditch after 12 months and 11k miles, but they do get a bit squirmy in the damp/wet with 335dloltorque6000 going through them, and I am always very much concious that they are on the back which has probably helped!

Last edited:
Soldato
Question about a Citreon c1: front left tyre is bust it seems as it keeps losing about 10 psi every 2-3 weeks and cracking is appearing, it is 6 years old to be fair. I booked in a replacement at halfords but i noticed they said tyres should be replaced in pairs. Now i have no idea about this and have only had the car since August. the other tyre on the front is 5 years old and has around 3.4mm tread if that helps.

Enlighten me ocuk.

Don
If the other one is at 3.4mm then yes replace the pair as it's nearly done anyway.

Had it been 5mm or more then you would generally be fine to just replace a single tyre (assuming you replace with a matching brand/model)

Last edited:
Soldato
If the other one is at 3.4mm then yes replace the pair as it's nearly done anyway.

Had it been 5mm or more then you would generally be fine to just replace a single tyre (assuming you replace with a matching brand/model)
Would it be okay if i got one replaced now and the other in June as i’m a bit strapped for cash now.

Back
Top Bottom