What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Still not got my Impreza from Japan, shipping delays etc

However, I've dropped my deposit to import something else. Going to try pre 1994 to save vat and duty. Probably a Kei Truck, 4WD

Should start looking tomorrow as it was a holiday in Japan this week past

Caporegime
Taxed my M3 before a track day next week as it’s not been driven since November. Drive it get fuel and parked up but the next morning after moving off the drive I heard a noise, turns out the spring snapped and then rubbed on the tyre taking it out. Seems they don’t like sitting. Just fitted H&R sport lowering springs which is a small drop over the competition pack.

New brakes will be needed after the track. Disks are still silly money on these at £600 a pair OEM

Also removed the pins to allow max front camber on both sides
HfMdjZm.jpeg
fDX2kKE.jpeg
GyQmWCs.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully sorted out a leak on the Mrs' Focus. Rear bumper off and sealed the stupid vent flap things that leak. Also sealed the top panel section near the boot hinge.

Will see how it goes now but I used my vax carpet cleaner to sack up as much water as possible and nearly got a full tank from the drivers and same side passengers footwell! :eek: think it's about 2 litres.

Associate
Hopefully sorted out a leak on the Mrs' Focus. Rear bumper off and sealed the stupid vent flap things that leak. Also sealed the top panel section near the boot hinge.

Will see how it goes now but I used my vax carpet cleaner to sack up as much water as possible and nearly got a full tank from the drivers and same side passengers footwell! :eek: think it's about 2 litres.

Job well done. Super common on a focus. I've done mine before.

Also If you ever have to do it again. Behind the vents, the further back ones there's sound deadening in the void behind them. Problem is.... These act like a sponge, fill up and dump the water inside. So remove them if you get any more issues, belt and braces.

I'm sure what you've done will have sorted it. It's just if it reoccurs.

Soldato
I washed my wife's car today. I must admit I don't do it as often as I should but it is so damn depressing. every time I wash one of our cars I always find new dents or scratches which were not there before.

Soldato
Taxed my M3 before a track day next week as it’s not been driven since November. Drive it get fuel and parked up but the next morning after moving off the drive I heard a noise, turns out the spring snapped and then rubbed on the tyre taking it out. Seems they don’t like sitting. Just fitted H&R sport lowering springs which is a small drop over the competition pack.

New brakes will be needed after the track. Disks are still silly money on these at £600 a pair OEM

Also removed the pins to allow max front camber on both sides

Good job that didn't happen on track :eek:

Associate
Job well done. Super common on a focus. I've done mine before.

Also If you ever have to do it again. Behind the vents, the further back ones there's sound deadening in the void behind them. Problem is.... These act like a sponge, fill up and dump the water inside. So remove them if you get any more issues, belt and braces.

I'm sure what you've done will have sorted it. It's just if it reoccurs.

Cheers and yeah it does sound like it's very common. In fact I'd think it will happen to every focus eventually, the design foe water run off for most cars is just stupid!

I'll keep that in mind thanks and all being well, it's sorted for good now. There's another problem now where the car stalls at idle but happens randomly and doesn't throw up the engine management light though. I'll check for codes at some point.

We might end up getting rid soon because she just loses confidence in things if it's intermittently faulty and just doesn't want any hassle.

Don
There's also a couple of rubber drain plugs you can remove from underneath the bumper that helps remove any water that unfortunately makes its way in.
(Although you can guarantee that it runs straight down your arm when you do remove them :D)

Caporegime
Good job that didn't happen on track :eek:
Yeah man. The amount of smoke just going 40mph was insane. Luckily I realised what it was when I stopped and limped home. A total of 2 miles and the tyre popped as I pulled onto the drive.

Looking forward to testing the upgraded springs. Feel a bit stiffer in comfort but not too bad.

Soldato
Well, put a load of sound insulation in the doors to help my music from sounding boomy and it's worked a treat, dirt cheap to do and although a bit fiddly getting the door cards off without breaking anything... worth while. Also bit of interior detail and get presto another 40bhp there...

Now to find something else to do...

Soldato
Well, put a load of sound insulation in the doors to help my music from sounding boomy and it's worked a treat, dirt cheap to do and although a bit fiddly getting the door cards off without breaking anything... worth while. Also bit of interior detail and get presto another 40bhp there...

Now to find something else to do...
That's good going for before 10am on a bank holiday!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Changed the PCV Valve on the BMW, old rubber piece was a little bit deteriorated and not as flexible, as the new part. Whilst at it, I did an oil+filter change. The Skoda on the other hand got a new washer fluid tank, the job was harder than it needed to be thanks to rusty bolts... Whilst taking off the front bumper, I noticed the drop links boots are splits on either side. That's a job for another weekend, hopefully the oil will arrive by then, so I can do everything the same day.

Soldato
Drove it to Paris for a weekend away and got back at midnight.

749 miles in total and got 42.9mpg, which is a PB for me in this car, but the Mrs was trying to get by without taking travel tablets and so I was driving as smoothly as possible.

First time I'd used le shuttle, which was very straightforward.

Driving through Paris was interesting. On roundabout exits to a single lane drivers would go 3 abreast and try to barge in.

People regularly would just not give way to oncoming traffic.

One woman in her Smart car, who admittedly did have the green light on a pedestrian crossing, literally pushed a group of teenagers out of the way with her car.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rear drop links on the wife's Focus. One rusted through and snapped so it was clunking a bit with the ARB only attached at one side. Changed both while I had the tools out.

Last edited:
Associate
There's also a couple of rubber drain plugs you can remove from underneath the bumper that helps remove any water that unfortunately makes its way in.
(Although you can guarantee that it runs straight down your arm when you do remove them :D)

Yep. It helps it drain. My sound deadening was still minging. I considered drying it and putting it back In.

Just don't put the drain plugs on the kitchen window sill. The wife bins them......

Back
Top Bottom