What is the point of this.....

Soldato
Living in Burnley, I can honestly say I'm not surprised there's something like this about :o

Couldn't tell you where it was though. The area looks slightly familiar, but only because a lot of areas look the exact same :D

EDIT: I may go for a little drive at lunch!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you're all looking at it wrong, I don't think it was a wheelchair ramp. I think the ramp led downhill to something which has since been removed.

The landscape could have been vastly different at one time, with a sudden drop. or maybe it led to an underground structure like a bomb shelter.

Man of Honour
It's for local faith healers to stand on to heal those who can't walk

Serious answer I think it's a study by local council on the materials used for either normal access to a building or wheelchair access... so a costing exercise

Man of Honour
It's for local faith healers to stand on to heal those who can't walk

Serious answer I think it's a study by local council on the materials used for either normal access to a building or wheelchair access... so a costing exercise

I'm sure they could estimate the materials needed without actually having to build it. This is the modern era.

Soldato
I'm sure they could estimate the materials needed without actually having to build it. This is the modern era.

but you can never factor in how many random council workers will turn up and watch, then of course you have to factor in the "fat supervisor leaning on a shovel".

It's all pies and tea.

Associate
I will hazard a guess with it being an access ramp for a mobile library, blood bank or something to that effect. When the wagon is there, they bridge across over the stairs with a further ramp. The stairs are there for H&S reasons when said wagon is not on site.

Man of Honour
I dont think they can knock it down. its a grade 2 listed **** up

So many stupid situations like that, there's a big house near me, which has listed status.
They want to replace the windows back to original as in ww2 they were changed to crappyy cheap metal ones, out of place for a stately home. But as its listed they were refused. How can we have such stupid rules.

Back
Top Bottom