What is the world coming to...

Permabanned
Was in M&S multi storey carpark today, parked in a disabled bay whilst my elderly, disabled Nan was in the shop.

I witnessed an old couple, complete with disabled badge like the one sitting on my dashboard, park in one of the Parent and Child bays because all of the disabled bays were taken. According to the law, I believe this is perfectly fine?

Young mother strolled past with 2 infants in their pushchair, and proceeded to shout at the old guy, who looked old enough to have been in WW2 btw, that they are not allowed to park there, and asked them how dare they and who do they think they are? Old guy looked really scared and frightened, I really wanted to intervene but thought, what can I do...visions of me getting arrested for verbally assaulting a young woman went through my mind, so I did nothing, and had to stand next to my car and watch her rage at this poor old fella and his wife.

I bet she is a single mother, on benefits, probably doesn't even pay tax, and there she is yelling and swearing and bullying some defenseless old man, who looked around the age that he could have defended our country in WW2, defended the lives of people like her!, because she thinks only parents like herself are allowed special spaces.

What is this country coming to...

The worst bit of it all was that the owners of the car next to me came out before my Nan did....and they weren't even disabled; 2 young, kinda hot looking teenage mothers, with 3 kids between them, in a huge MPV parked diagonally across two disabled bays... the whole reason this older couple could not find a space to park in!

I am so mad I am still fuming!

Permabanned
OP
Nope, I am happy with the current assumptions thankyou :)

I will put my hands up though and say I don't know how to deal with confrontational women. Hence why I did not intervene.

Permabanned
OP
[FnG]magnolia;25630529 said:
Why didn't you krav maga them, twoblacklines? You've had more fights than they've had hot dinners :o

Because I can't shout at women let alone hit them, I was brought up that women are to be respected at all times. I have let women hit me when I have been out on the **** before, nothing I can do back to them, just the way I am wired.

If this had been a bloke having a go then I would have intervened. But it wasn't so I didn't know what to do.

Permabanned
OP
Love how in threads like these people single out the OP's faults over the actual scenario :rolleyes: Got to love OCUK GD haven't you!

Permabanned
OP
As someone who works for a local authority and sees a lot of 'customer' complaints I'll never cease to be amazed at the sense of entitlement people have. The amount of times I've seen a refusal of a request countered with "But I'm a single mother [so there should be different rules for me]" is staggering.

Haha!

A friend of mine organised a party for the community she lives in, £5 per child £10 per parent, everyone accepted and signed up for tickets with no complaint except for one. The one complainee was a single mother with SIX children who told her that the tickets were too expensive, and as she is a single mother she expects a concession; she wanted to pay £5 for herself and all of her kids go free of charge... just makes me laugh!

Permabanned
OP
Well I am very sorry but I have been involved in public disputes before and the only thing that happened is I ended up in handcuffs... I am 6ft8 275lb, the Police arrive and the perp blames me and they get very inclined to agree! SO I stay out of things like this.

What is the saying; the nail that stands out gets hammered.

Permabanned
OP
When it is the OP's fault for not intervening when he aught to, then YES we shall "single him out"

So you're saying the blame lies with the onlookers? And you wonder why self entitled people like the girl in my original post get away with such behaviour?

Permabanned
OP
I can understand you have an issue with confrontational women. At the end of the day you should have done something.

I respect women and all the stuff that annoys feminists but if a woman attacks restrain her. Simples.

IF someone my size and weight restrains someone much smaller and slimmer, the Police and general public see that as assault. That simple. So it is not as easy as that I am afraid.

Permabanned
OP
I swear this is the place where I could make a new thread and leave it empty and 2 hours later there would be 100 replies ****ging me off.

Just wow.

Permabanned
OP
Do you feel guilty for not having a quick polite word that could had prevented this WW2 hero from being abused? Did he fight for you in WW2 for you to stand around while pensioners get abused?

A bit, but atleast I am not sitting in a police cell.

Permabanned
OP
Op is getting ripped to shreds...

Back-fire thread of 2014 so far?? I think so.

The fact that you go thread to thread asking if threads are "back fires of the year" is sad alone. Threads are designed to be read and replied to, not just "judged" by people as to wether they are epic or not.

Permabanned
OP
Heck the only time I have ever been in a police cell was for restraining a woman haha. Come out of club walking to another club heard crying and checked it out. Bloke and gf arguing "so what I thought" then he hit her. So I intervened obviously didn't go well (I won end of). She starts attacking me as I "hurt her boyfriend" then police come just as I had her restrained. Thank god for cctv.

At no point when I was sat in jail did I think I wish I hadn't done it. I did the right thing regardless of her reaction.

So you agree that restraining the woman got you arrested?

What would have happened if there was a lack of CCTV?

I can see the news now for me : "28 year old giant attacks single young mother infront of her 2 children" que violins, and big prison sentence.

How would my Nan get home then?

Permabanned
OP
pure flatulence

That's not an answer to my question.

You work in Spain as an IT contractor, you spend £2000 on just a hifi system, how many bags of rice could you buy with £2000?

Don't crit me if you aren't a saint yourself ;)

Permabanned
OP
Agreed that the scenario was unfair on the old man.

Disagree that the mother character in this scenario being on or not on benefits has anything to do with the matter though - unclear on what bearing this has.

Would your opinion of how unacceptable she was acting be different if she was a highly paid professional or someone that had no job? Just interested to see if this would change your opinion / or that of anyone else actually.

No her behaviour was disgusting, my point is that if she is someone who leeches off society, and if he protected our country in WW2, then she is even worse.

Note that I said IF, just like I said probably in my OP, yet everyone seems to think I stated it as fact.

Permabanned
OP
Afterwards she strolled off and they seemed to talk to each other for a while, wife comforted him and they went into the shop, still parked in the Parent bay with their disabled badge on the window.

I have seen allsorts in that carpark including once a family in a range rover parking in the diagonal yellow's in between the disabled spaces, completely blocking access to the vehicles on either side. I actually reported that to the car park staff, who did nothing about it, they didn't even come and have a look.

Permabanned
OP
Even if I am at fault for not intervening - either way the comments she made would have been made and this is what the thread is about!

Permabanned
OP
No you didn't say if..

You made an assumption that because she was a single female with young kids without a male in tow that she was a benefits scrounger.

You made an assumption just because the guy was old that he was a WW2 vet.

All these assumptions and 'what if' made your OP pathetic. No matter what size you are, if you felt the old todger was threaten in anyway you should have pointed it out to her. As after all, you are a big man...

Can you not read? "I bet" and "probably" are not statements of facts. They are the same kind of word as if is.

Permabanned
OP
This was in Truro.

Plymouth has completely changed now btw, I don't even think there is a Primark as an independent store anymore.

Is it a poorly made judgement though? How do you know he isn't a WW2 vet and how do you know she isn't a single mother?

Funny how a lot of families on benefits alone now shop at M&S isn't it...says something about how much money they are leeching!

Back
Top Bottom