What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
They are galv and fully covered on all sides.

I wish :o :D

Yeah I had another night of just pure agony :(. It is such a bizarre pain. Horrid.

Yeah and the videos somewhat contradict it to.

The buildpacks are quite good; I think the material list is the best bit. It just means you can do your big orders, get your materials in, then focus on each day. I could easily plan one out now but without seeing the answer first it'd be tough to get it right and not massively over/under order.

The diagrams are OK but a scan through the videos each evening prior to the next days work has been most helpful tbh.

:mad:

--------------

Totally deceiving from the photo and looked like semi bright.

:cry: @ I wish

I guess it might be different for everyone, but mine was a cramping of the hand at the beginning with a lot of pain and towards the end, a constant vibration that I could liken to tuning forks.

Worth getting them checked out, private if you can.
With me they found out after 3 visits that it was carpal right hand and nerve damage left elbow. Forth visit, it was done and although a little pain remained for around 2 months, it is now really good to have both hands working as they should.

Soldato
Totally deceiving from the photo and looked like semi bright.

:cry: @ I wish

I guess it might be different for everyone, but mine was a cramping of the hand at the beginning with a lot of pain and towards the end, a constant vibration that I could liken to tuning forks.

Worth getting them checked out, private if you can.
With me they found out after 3 visits that it was carpal right hand and nerve damage left elbow. Forth visit, it was done and although a little pain remained for around 2 months, it is now really good to have both hands working as they should.
Interesting - yeah I do have private medical so I will give it a go. My left does feel more like elbow pain at night.

Soldato
Interesting - yeah I do have private medical so I will give it a go. My left does feel more like elbow pain at night.

I thought it was both at first, but the below was roughly how it went.

Visit 1 The machine that goes 'Bing' and 'Bong' measured my Carpel tunnel.
Visit 2 The mild electric tests found out it was right hand and wasn't left hand.
Visit 3 The incredible painful injection of dark matter confirmed it was my right hand (it stopped the Carpal for a week and I slept)
Visit 4 The operations were performed, out the same day and had a really good nights sleep.

I recently rode 32 miles from around Hamworthy to Mudeford and back and had the tiniest of cramps in the left hand (I'd only done six miles since the operation) but after less than a mile my hands caused me no issues at all, which would have not been possible at all before the op.

Soldato
Lovely day yesterday so had a full day out in the garden getting a few bits tidied up

Weeded the gravel area at the front

1000066483-01.jpg

1000066488-01.jpg

The bits left are poppies

Then cut the grass

1000066394-01.jpg

Cleaned out the chickens

1000066397-01.jpg

Then, despite being the councils responsibility the verge outside the house needed cutting back, so

1000066447-01.jpg

1000066455-01.jpg

And tidied up the kerbs too

1000066458-01.jpg

1000066457-01.jpg

Then, as #Winteriscoming so ... On the hottest day of the year I had a clear out of store#3 ...

1000066290-01.jpg

Decided this knarly old boy was better off just going in the "woodland" area of the garden so was banished ....

1000066295-01.jpg

Then restocked the store with two have bags of split seasoned logs I've recently inherited

1000066296-01.jpg

1000066298-01.jpg

1000066408-01.jpg

Then cut up the other unprocessed logs I acquired

1000066495-01.jpg

Split them

1000066499-01.jpg

And filled the gap in store #2

1000066501-01.jpg

Left me with a barrow full of chippings and bark which have joined the knarly log in the woodland area

1000066500-01.jpg

Soldato
I also got mine done with private health - Not the sort you go to private hospital at the start - I had to get a NHS Number and the health cover got me in for the Op within weeks - Another words jumped the queue.
It was private hospital up in Crank up by liverpool
My symptons was pins and needles - On bike I had to wind it up then let go of throttle and shake my right hand to get feeling back.
Cleating cables I picked up a cleat and when put it in place it wasn't there -Just no feeling in hands or fingers -
Do Not Wait.
Get in somewhere and get it done. It will only get worse.

Associate
I also got mine done with private health - Not the sort you go to private hospital at the start - I had to get a NHS Number and the health cover got me in for the Op within weeks - Another words jumped the queue.
It was private hospital up in Crank up by liverpool
My symptons was pins and needles - On bike I had to wind it up then let go of throttle and shake my right hand to get feeling back.
Cleating cables I picked up a cleat and when put it in place it wasn't there -Just no feeling in hands or fingers -
Do Not Wait.
Get in somewhere and get it done. It will only get worse.
Did you ever try the excuse you can't feel your hands when you opened the bike up and the police pulled you over :cry:

Soldato
I have a 40cm petrol mower due to the size of the garden but with a garden like that I would definitely have a sit down mower
To be fair I can do the front and back in 30-40 mins

Aside from the cost, I don't have anywhere to store one and given the slope of the garden and steps between the front and back of the house it's pretty much a no go :(

Caporegime
Got my water softener yesterday and today jigged it all up so I can swap between my supplies quickly as I will only use it for final rinse.

Got one of those water testers and ours is 300ppm which at the top end of hardness in this country which is great for drinking water but terrible for washing cars!

Made a plinth for it to sit on, a ring to secure it to the wall and a few p clips to keep the plumbing tidy.

I am sure it will be great for cleaning the windows as well as the car so the missus is happy with that!

anKH0bh.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom