What MB for 13600k

Man of Honour
DDR5 is fairly cheap now so I would lean towards that unless budget is tight even though it's not a big leap in performance, why not the 14600k or AM5?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I want low power ide for my new unraid server.

I'm still rocking AMD x1800 and asrock Itachi MB. It's been on since 2019 and only restarted for updates. It's served me well but I see some videos online if the low ide power for the 13600k.

Man of Honour
I actually need ram and MB to fit with the 13600k. Ideally
If you're that focused on idle power consumption then I'd suggest you look for motherboards that have low idle power. Historically, that was usually ASRock and ITX, but I don't know much about the current boards idle power. Typically, high-end boards with more features can use considerably more power than lower-end boards, though I wouldn't want to go too low if you're running a 13600K.

You may also want to be aware that RAM speed can impact idle power too, though again, I can't give you any information on this gen.

This is one of the forum threads I would look at and NAS forums can be good sources too.

Associate
I can recommend the MSI Tomahawk Z790 motherboard, with Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 5600 or faster, depending on budget.

Associate
OP
I have a raid card so sata ports not essential. The setup would be for an unraid server. Id need minimum 32gb decent ram, the server would host next cloud, Plex for a few 4k streams.

Back
Top Bottom