What movie do you wish you had watched on the big screen?

Soldato
For me its Interstellar.
Just never got round to going, and after seeing it later on T.v I reckon I missed a treat with both the visual and audio:(

The Apollo 11 movie.....

Oh..... hang on, I went to see it at the local IMAX, it was absolutely awesome when the lift-off rattled my ribs.

Soldato
Last Samurai and The Watchmen for me.

Pretty much everything else I find to be "cinema worthy" (big screen/loud audio etc) I saw at the cinema.

However, if (and this will never happen I feel) there was a 50 year anniversary of the OT Star Wars trilogy in their original un-CGI'd format I'd do anything I could to see that. I caught the newly updated ROTJ when it was re-released (with the new ending replacing "old" Anakin) and things like that just spoilt it for me so it'd have to be the untouched OT.

Last edited:
Associate
Last Samurai! I was just talking about that film yesterday, looked it up today to see if its streaming for free anywhere.

I would have liked to have watched Dune on a big screen

Associate
A lot of films get rereleased to cinema, so there is chances to watch them. The Abyss was done last year. One that never seems to be on is Highlander. Want to hear it more than see it with proper sound.

Soldato
nothing modern really. had it in my mind to go watch the first of the new Dune movies on the big screen but that never materialised. watched it at home and didn't think much of it so kinda glad i didn't go to the cinema in the end.

that said, would loved to have seen Star Wars (original trilogy, not the muck that has come since) on a big ass screen.

Soldato
For me its Interstellar.
Just never got round to going, and after seeing it later on T.v I reckon I missed a treat with both the visual and audio:(

Interstellar was on at both Odeon and Cineworld in February - as its the 20th anniversary it will probably be on again some point this year.

Associate
Saving Private Ryan and Independence Day both jump out to me. But seeing as I would've been 8 and 6, respectively, I never had much of a choice!
Managed to catch Saving Private Ryan on the big screen a few years back...maybe 2019? There was an anniversary, maybe 75 years since D-day.

Until then - like you I was too young first time around, so didn't get a chance to see it on a big screen. It didn't dissappoint and was pretty much as good on the big screen as I had thought it was going to be and would rate as one of the top "big screen" experiences. Worth keeping an eye out at places like Vue especially as old films do tend to pop up.

Caporegime
Loads from the mid 80s, but I was too young so they don't really count.

Jurassic Park.

For whatever reason I missed it at the cinema when it first came out. People said it was epic at the time.

rp2000

Soldato
Loads from the mid 80s, but I was too young so they don't really count.

Jurassic Park.

For whatever reason I missed it at the cinema when it first came out. People said it was epic at the time.

rp2000

Yes JP was amazing in the Cinema, as was the 2nd one. I can still remember the large posters in the Cinema with the Raptors in the fields for the 2nd JP movie.

Soldato
Yes JP was amazing in the Cinema, as was the 2nd one. I can still remember the large posters in the Cinema with the Raptors in the fields for the 2nd JP movie.

So I went to see TLW with my aunty in the cinema. It’s a lifelong memory because during the scene of them running through the fields away from the raptors a kid got scarred and ran up the aisle and fell over right by the pair of us.

We still laugh about that til this day

Commissario
There are a bunch.

Alien and Aliens, annoyingly IIRC they were rereleased a couple of years back but for one night and I didn't have time/ability to make it (I did watch T2 with my brother, brother in law and nephew when it was shown again, and it was great).
The first of the Hobbit films in 48fps, again missed that when they showed it again but again iirc it was one night and basically I found out about 2 days before.
Jurassic Park

Several anime films, Spirited Away etc but again, very limited runs, and usually too far away for me to make it.

If I sat down and thought about it there would probably be a couple of dozen, with a lot of them either release when I was a kid, or even before I was born.

Back
Top Bottom