What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
Had a dear colleagues "leaving meal" yesterday (he is leaving but I imagine we will speak more than ever now he isn't bogged down by the organisational dogma :D).

YBqrleq.jpg

TWAHucM.jpg

This was 2.4kilos of totally fresh crab. Tasted amazing.

OrZsQze.jpg

And a kilo of steaks! Porterhouse, T bone and Ribeye.

BYORaox.jpg

Soldato
Had a dear colleagues "leaving meal" yesterday (he is leaving but I imagine we will speak more than ever now he isn't bogged down by the organisational dogma :D).

This was 2.4kilos of totally fresh crab. Tasted amazing.

And a kilo of steaks! Porterhouse, T bone and Ribeye.

We went to Beast last year. Spent a fortune on steak from the board, but it was worth it. Fantastic!!

Soldato
Last month - Frog by Adam Handling. Our second time there, we thought it was fantastic when we first went but if anything it was even better this time. Food is packed with flavour and the alcohol free drink pairing is very, very good. Just because I don't drink alcohol doesn't mean I want to drink water and fruit juice all night.

Saturday night - Black Swan at Oldstead. Our second time here too. A great night, really tasty good and I've discovered a new flavour combination that I like - rhubarb & lemon verbena. The journey home was a bit fun, with the heavy rain there was lots of flooding and one road was borderline impassable.

daz

daz

Soldato
Last month - Frog by Adam Handling. Our second time there, we thought it was fantastic when we first went but if anything it was even better this time. Food is packed with flavour and the alcohol free drink pairing is very, very good. Just because I don't drink alcohol doesn't mean I want to drink water and fruit juice all night.
We went to Frog the weekend before last and like you say it was fantastic. There are a few extras to be upsold, but, it really was fantastic. Really recommended. I'd like to try Loch and Tyne in Windsor next, it's not too far down the road from us.

Soldato
We went to Frog the weekend before last and like you say it was fantastic. There are a few extras to be upsold, but, it really was fantastic. Really recommended. I'd like to try Loch and Tyne in Windsor next, it's not too far down the road from us.

I'm down that way for work most weeks so am planning to head there for dinner next time I'm staying over.

Soldato
We visited the Princess Elizabeth in Dunkirk on Saturday and was treated to wonderful dining and fantastic service on this beautiful and historic ship that has many stories to tell.
The food does change to match the seasons and is very much from the sea, although meat and fowl fans are well catered for.
The ship sits with a rough 4° list to Starboard due to how she sits on the harbour floor, which adds to the dining at sea experience, but without force 9 and 10m sea's :cry:

Our server bought us drinks at the end of service as he enjoyed chatting to us, which made the whole visit one we both really enjoyed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom