What time does you post come?

Associate
We don't have a regular postie. And just when we think we're getting one, they change! It's almost as if no one wants to do our run. Not sure why, we're not exactly off the beaten track.

Today, 3.15pm. Last Saturday was 8.00am. So, even if there was a poll, I'd have to vote pancake!

Soldato
usually the middle of the afternoon, sometimes it's been as late as 5pm :mad::mad::mad:
and yeah i remember when the post arrived before 8pm, what ever happened?

Associate
Anytime between 9am and 3pm we don't seem to have the same postie for long either so that doesn't help, and the postie that somehow always manages to leave the gate wide open, cheers :(

Soldato
Spend 9am to 10am getting the walk ready and sorted then the official time of the first letter delivered is meant to be 1015 a.m Monday to Wednesday, 1030 a.m Thursday and Friday then Saturday it's 0815 a.m for the first letter.

I deliver my last letter anytime from 1pm to around 2.30 pm, this is in Scotland at least.

Soldato
Sooner royal mail gets privatised the better our post service is atrocious mail varies from between 11am and 4pm when the posty cN be bothered packets don't get delivered we just get a card through the letter box or handed to you if you open the door to them lazy sod doesn't do packets ever

Have to go the sorting office for anything bigger thN an envelope get mail if I'm lucky twice a week posty says not his fault his walks too big were at the end of it so tough

Associate
Mines normally sometime between 1:30pm and 4:00pm. Although it does appear that some days they just dont bother coming.

Why they dont come before you go to work I dont know, it can be a pain in the arse having to go to the sorting office and get the post.

Also they all have vans now, so now they are not having to lug it all on a push bike it should be quicker to some extent?

Oh well, not the end of the world.

Caporegime
Royal mail is a private company... Unfortunately a lot of posties still want them to adhere to the old practices, meaning RM struggling to break even, with their most profitable post taken by other companies, left with the expensive stuff. Yet we still have one of the most reliable postal services in the world, as well as one of the cheapest... ;)

Still our post arrives at about 10, for some reason I still think it should arrive earlier, although it has no practical benefit for 99% of the population, along with the second post..:p

Back
Top Bottom