What to upgrade to from original Melomania 1's?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I've had them for many years and love them, especially the sound quality.

Only issues I've had is when I'm wearing them and eat, they are easy to fall out when chewing. Also sometimes takes a few goes of turning Bluetooth on/off to get them connected. Rarely I will also hear interference crackling.

Anyway as I've had them for so long I just feel like changing, for the sake of something new and different. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Associate
I've had them for many years and love them, especially the sound quality.

Only issues I've had is when I'm wearing them and eat, they are easy to fall out when chewing. Also sometimes takes a few goes of turning Bluetooth on/off to get them connected. Rarely I will also hear interference crackling.

Anyway as I've had them for so long I just feel like changing, for the sake of something new and different. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
I had the melomania 1 as well and was impressed, until they did a wash cycle..... I replaced them with these https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/ZE3000 and they are an upgrade in every respect.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
I had the melomania 1 as well and was impressed, until they did a wash cycle..... I replaced them with these https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/ZE3000 and they are an upgrade in every respect.
Thanks for the recommendation, I did have a look but they lack a few features. In the end I decided on the Tozo Golden X1, glowing reviews everywhere I looked, especially from Flossy Carter on YT.

Associate
Thanks for the recommendation, I did have a look but they lack a few features. In the end I decided on the Tozo Golden X1, glowing reviews everywhere I looked, especially from Flossy Carter on YT.
They do look good. Maybe due an upgrade myself. Let us know what they sound like.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
They do look good. Maybe due an upgrade myself. Let us know what they sound like.
They sound really good, but I actually decided to return them. When I ordered them for £127 I also ordered the Anker Liberty 4 NC for £55, as during my research, these were recommended as the best of a 'budget' option, and I wanted to compare them both.

The X1 has superb sound quality, but I was more than satisfied with the 4 NC sound quality, especially as they are more bass heavy, which I prefer personally. From an ANC perspective, they both seemed similar. From a how they look in the ear, build quality and ease of use (tap on 4 NC Vs squeeze on X1) perspective, I prefer the 4 NC.

Also X1 has no proximity sensor (music pauses automatically if take one earbud out of ear) but the 4 NC does, which I just find really handy as it's very annoying to keep pressing pause. So overall, whilst the X1 sound quality is as amazing as everyone says, I didn't feel they were worth the extra £72 over the 4 NC as an overall package, so will be keeping the 4 NC instead.

Back
Top Bottom