What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Alchemy of Souls. Quite enjoyed the first series, not really the sort of thing I'd normally watch at all. Almost pantomime in places but good fun with lots going on.
My favourite Korean show!
Was a bit disappointed in season 2 that they "replaced" the leading actress from season 1 (well technically, she transformed back into the original character from episode 1 of season 1), but it was still just as enjoyable.

Last edited:
Soldato
My favourite Korean show!
Was a bit disappointed in season 2 that they "replaced" the leading actress from season 1 (well technically, she transformed back into the original character from episode 1 of season 1), but it was still just as enjoyable.
Gyeongseong Creature. Is also worth a look and the reason the reason I gave Alchemy a go.

Man of Honour
Blue Eyed Samurai (Netflix)

Overall good, lots to enjoy but admittedly some aspects are really underdeveloped.

It’s a ‘revenge’ yarn set in ancient Japan. Interesting animation (sort of a hybrid 2D / 3D style, to the layman like me), quite heavy on the gore and sex, main character quite stoic.

I almost gave up after a couple of episodes as the sidekick character is soooo bad. Just, totally awful and annoying… like he belongs in a children’s film but without any charm. But it’s worth persevering overall.

Be prepared to see the main person power on through some absolutely horrendous injuries… I think it would have been ideal to tone that down as they are like the terminator at points!

The ‘villain’ is fantastic, great dialogue and voice acting - one of the best I’ve seen in anything for some time. I’d say the villain outweighs the annoying sidekick.

Another pro is the fairly chunky episode lengths, which were mostly 45 mins to an hour, IIRC. Makes the content seem more meaty.

I’m interested in seeing more :)

7/10

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished The Old Man - what a terrific watch. Good action connected with plot and great acting. Thought John Lithgow was outstanding and Alia Shawkat (I will always think of her as Maeby) showed what she can do in a dramatic role . It is not a show for everyone, it takes its time to build narrative and character motivations, but worth the time.

Caporegime
Just finished The Old Man - what a terrific watch. Good action connected with plot and great acting. Thought John Lithgow was outstanding and Alia Shawkat (I will always think of her as Maeby) showed what she can do in a dramatic role . It is not a show for everyone, it takes its time to build narrative and character motivations, but worth the time.
yeah it would be nice to have more series of it tbh. was a good show.

Soldato
I watched The Grand Tour after @Tombles said there was only one advert (there was an ad for mini basically saying that they had paid the entire ad budget so there would be no breaks).

To be honest a break might have been good it was just too long!

Caporegime
Caught up with Gen V, that was a surprisingly good show. I kind of wish it was it's own thing rather than being so heavily tied into The Boys at times. It still relied a little too much on the 'this shock has to be bigger than the last shock' thing that Boys does too.

Soldato
Wednesday: Finished this over the weekend. I really liked it. Jenny Ortega was fantastic. So was Enid Sinclair. Sure it's a teen drama and plays everything a little safe and there are also some plot holes. But, despite all this, I enjoyed the show and am looking forward to season 2.

Manifest: Started this after finishing Wednesday. Hadn't heard of it before. The trailer on Netflix made it look very interesting. Plane goes missing for 5 years but for the people on the plane no time has passed. It's all very mysterious. So it sounded like a show I would really enjoy. Nope. I quit after two episodes. The acting was terrible and the episodes I watched were boring. I might have given it a chance if the acting had been decent. But none of the actors looked like they wanted to be there. So I got out early!! Can't believe it ran for more than one season.

Travelers: After been disappointed with Manifest, I hit the button on Netflix for "shows like this" and Travelers was top of the list. Watched the first episode and am hooked. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Caporegime
Travelers: After been disappointed with Manifest, I hit the button on Netflix for "shows like this" and Travelers was top of the list. Watched the first episode and am hooked. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
I am jealous, it is a fantastic show, would love to be able to erase my memory and watch from scratch again.

EDIT: Finished Beef, and whilst I enjoyed it, I felt the ending was a bit meh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom