What watch do you wear?

Soldato
When my boss left the firm we went to WoS on Oxford Street and took a look at the Zenith. In my head it was a sure shot but it just didn't win me over as much as I had wanted :(

To be fair, I held/wore his Daytona whilst he tried on the Zenith so maybe it wasn't a fair setup lol.
I think the Daytona is a little smaller and slimmer. The zenith with it's three different coloured subdials can be slightly divisive. Definitely some discount to be had on the zenith though, unlike Rolex. Also I do think the zenith has a superior movement. Rolex actually used to use zenith movements.

Caporegime
They are the Ferrari's of the watch world. offer to pay over RRP and you would get it quicker.
No you wouldn't, get it quicker if you offered to pay over RRP, because that is illegal and Rolex would strike them off their AD list for something like that. You will however often get it quicker if you buy more stuff from them (eg: jewellery or other watch brands etc).

Also I would say that Rolex are not the Ferraris of the watch world, they are the BMW M3, high performance but still mass-produced and retaining some level of affordability. There are a few more other watch tiers to get up to Ferrari levels. :p

Soldato
Also I would say that Rolex are not the Ferraris of the watch world, they are the BMW M3, high performance but still mass-produced and retaining some level of affordability. There are a few more other watch tiers to get up to Ferrari levels. :p

Agreed, they like to think they are by trying to be exclusive but they are not a Patek Phillipe et al

Caporegime
Apple Ultra. Love the chunky look, functionality and battery life. I have a Tag, Omega, Citizen, Seiko but struggle to live without the integration of my phone. Sad but true
I purposefully live without integration of my phone into my smartwatch... the last thing I want is notifications distracting me to the point where I keep compulsively looking at my wrist at pop-ups or notifications throughout meetings or while talking to people. It's a terrible habit that I see in work colleagues.

Soldato
Apple Ultra. Love the chunky look, functionality and battery life. I have a Tag, Omega, Citizen, Seiko but struggle to live without the integration of my phone. Sad but true
Smart watches aren't watches in my opinion. They're literally just an extension of your mobile phone. They tell the time I guess, but that's where the similarity ends. They aren't man jewelry like a watch.

Caporegime
Smart watches aren't watches in my opinion. They're literally just an extension of your mobile phone. They tell the time I guess, but that's where the similarity ends. They aren't man jewelry like a watch.
To be fair the modern smartwatch has a full suite of health tracking functions too and the Apple Watch is pretty strong in that department.

Soldato
To be fair the modern smartwatch has a full suite of health tracking functions too and the Apple Watch is pretty strong in that department.
I guess they have their uses for some people. But give me a proper automatic watch every time. Guess I'm old school and proud :p

I'd rather not have to charge my watch as well as my phone every day.

Last edited:
Soldato
They are not just an extension of your phone given all the health monitoring. The Ultra with its titanium case looks amazing. Ultimately it’s the watch I wear in preference to my Tag or Omega. Each to their own ….

Associate
I wear a pixel watch 2 on one arm and my proper watch on the other, the pixel watch's display is set to off unless I tap the screen and the notification noises/vibrate are also off.

It probably looks a bit weird but long sleeves help!

Caporegime
I guess they have their uses for some people. But give me a proper automatic watch every time. Guess I'm old school and proud :p

I'd rather not have to charge my watch as well as my phone every day.
I wear both a traditional watch (left arm) and a fitness band (Garmin Vivosmart 4 on the right arm) for work and any kind of events. At all other times I am wearing a Garmin Fenix 6S Pro. I'd love a smart ring too at some point.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was gifted a lovely Raymond Weil for a birthday before Christmas, and on taking it to have links removed, it would appear that the jeweller that sold it had previously tried to remove links and damaged all the screws on one side. The person who bought it for me was not told abou tthe damage, and i didnt see it as i havent worn the watch yet.

Furious to be honest.

Associate
Where is that from @chainy? The dive extension on my 300 is too much and it can get tight after a day at work.
I picked it up second hand. That's why it has a few desk diving marks. I was in a omega boutique the other week and they said they could order one up but it's a pretty steep price. £250.

Could you not fit a half link?

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked it up second hand. That's why it has a few desk diving marks. I was in a omega boutique the other week and they said they could order one up but it's a pretty steep price. £250.

Could you not fit a half link?
My wrists seem to double in size over the course of the day lol. So would prefer an adjustable. Second hand sounds good though.

Back
Top Bottom