What's the worst thing you did because of a game?

Associate
Just wondering because last night I was playing Evil Genius, forgot I left the kitchen tap running and an hour later discovered a flooded kitchen and soggy living room carpet. Now I'm in the dog-house with the missus, sleeping on the couch and doubt I'll be playing any games any time soon... :(

Oh - and my gaming budget will be helping fund the carpet replacement.

Soldato
Similar here...

Set the bath running, went on Quake 2 death match.

Mum shouts.

Me runs to turn off taps

Me tries to frantically empty over-full bath.

Me has to pay for water damage to living room and bathroom floor :)

Associate
I remember back when I was a youngster I had a framed picture of the 'Ultimate Warrior' sitting on my desk just behind my SNES.

One day whilst playing Street Fighter 2 on the hardest setting, trying to beat M Bison with Guile I just could not beat him so I switched the SNES off and threw it at the wall smashing my Warrior piccie,

Was very disappointed in myself,

Also punched a few holes in my bedroom wall because of Counter-Strike before now and head-butted my old CRT a few times too lol

:eek:

Soldato
My bedrooms walls are made up of crap wood material and once i was ****** off and charged it with my shoulder resulting a whole about 1m x1m to appear. I said to my parents that i was carrying my chair and then it slipped out of hands and created a big hole in the wall. They believed me and payed for the plansterer.

Associate
When I have got really into a game I have blow off plans with mates, avoided nights out, set my alarm really early to get up and get a good run at a game and ermmmm run up massiiiivveeeee electric bills:rolleyes:

Associate
Originally posted by Pigeon
Did next to no uni work for my year there thanks to a counter-strike addiction :( :( :(

snap.... apart from it was college and i failed the course..... that was a 2 year course waisted.... oh well :D

Associate
Left me dinner cooking ina saucepan

went to play EQ

saucepan caught fire

me goes to put it out, clean up saucepan and start new dinner

me then goes back to EQ

saucepan catches fire again :rolleyes:

Soldato
I destroyed more than one Spectrum after punching the "dead flesh" keyboard in disgust as losing x,y,z game, in the end I used to leave empty cassette case next to the computer instead and smash those up..

I don't deal too well with stress ;)

HEADRAT

Associate
Originally posted by Anomaly
snap.... apart from it was college and i failed the course..... that was a 2 year course waisted.... oh well :D

Ditto, i started to play command and conquer: renegade, started a clan, rose to the top 2% of clans, and in the process destroyed my education, got 10K student loan debt, and nearly got taken to court for not paying council tax (forgot to fill out the exemption form) Pretty unsucessful 2 years really.

Soldato
Playing Champ Manager 2 once, 5-nil up from the first leg of the italian cup final against bologna with AC Milan. lost the away leg 5-nil (playing a full strength side), missed 2 last minute of extra time penalties and went on to lose on penalties by missing every single one.

My wall paid the price for that game, a chair shaped dent, a fist hole through to my bro's room & lots of kick marks !!!

Parents were not impressed !!!

StevieP

Soldato
Set fire to the kitchen while waiting for a ultima online event to start. Was frying chicken burgers while I kept checking up on pc in the other room waiting for a big seer controlled event to begin. Sure enough it began and I left the food cooking on the hob. The oil ignited and blackened out most of the kitchen before I figured out what the smell was :p

Back
Top Bottom